Thread: AFL.com preseason training report

Senior Player

AFL.com preseason training report

Virtually a clean bill of health currently:

Pre-season guide: Sydney Swans - AFL.com.au

Medical room: The premiers virtually have a clean bill of health, with the vast majority of the list well into pre-season training. Co-captain Adam Goodes is the main exception, yet to commence running as he continues to nurse the knee injury he picked up in the Grand Final. But he is expected to be running again around Christmas. Nick Smith also has a minor knee issue, while Tommy Walsh is training following shoulder surgery. Apart from them, the Swans are fit and flying.

Yes, heard the boys were flying, especially the 'nearly' players, Everett, Jesse, etc. Active competition within the club with a goal in sight. Yum.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Similar news but with added Ted

ADAM GOODES' effort to play on one leg in Sydney's grand final success will be remembered as one of the bravest acts in recent AFL history, but it's come at a cost. The champion Swan started running again only just before Christmas and will step up his program in the new year as he prepares for season No.15. Underrated defender Nick Smith is in a similar boat. He has been on a limited program due to a problem with cartilage in his knee. Gun defender Ted Richards, who played under enormous duress in the decider, is running but is delaying a return to ball work.

Read more: Thunder's blunders draw attention

AFL.com preseason training report

There was no news about Mitchell, yet I haven't seen him in any of the pictures or videos yet

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ABloodsMan View Post
    There was no news about Mitchell, yet I haven't seen him in any of the pictures or videos yet
    This article woud just be quoting the club and the "news" about Mitchell has been non existent but no one seems to have seen him training.

Really worried he's been struck with a double whammy - our first draft pick curse and our Father-Son curse so may never get on the paddock!

If he does get over his injury concerns, wow what a boost to our midfield.

Funny, the first thing I think of these days when I see the name Mitchell is Mitch Morton. times have changed.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

First player that came to mind when I read the article was Tom Mitchell. Why don't we ever hear about this guy?

There may be nothing wrong with Mitchell, but he could still be on a modified program in order to ease him into the season. They may be taking a cautious approach with him given his injury problems last year.

Rowan wasn't mentioned either. I suppose you could say he's not injured, but is of course on a modified program.