Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Josh Kennedy's 2012 live up to the coaches expectations?

Blog Entries

Did Josh Kennedy's 2012 live up to the coaches expectations?

COACHES' CALL: We hope in 2012 ? that he can really help Goodesy and Jarrad McVeigh with the set-ups and structures required around the ball. He knows what needs to be done and we are really confident he can become a very good leader.
    Josh Kennedy - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au

Hmmmm...........

Certainly lived up to MY expectations!!

Joey can get better?
    Can't wait to see that.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Nah he let me down, personally. Far too big and powerful for my liking, gets himself attached to a Columbian model, never stops smiling, AND, aaannnnd, WINS a Premiership Medal and a Best & Fairest at a canter. Miserable fail.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Should be delisted immediately

No such thing as the perfect footballer. Every footballer will be given something to work on and Josh's is on field leadership.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Didn't he get caught holding the ball once? dreadful
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Blog Entries
    P1K2 - Moves like one too ...

Veterans List
    Just a little challenge set by the coaches for him to take a bigger leadership role in directing play. We won't see Goodes at stoppages as much in future so others need to take over the role.

Can't think of a bigger trading bargain than Kennedy, if you discount the stupidity of Freo trading an untried Andrew McLeod for Chris Groom, a bloke who played about six games.

Veterans List
    He has certainly improved his kicking skills. In his first season he was adept at picking out opposition players and kicking to nowhere. His goalkicking was also pretty average. Now he finds a target most times, kicks goals from set shots and gets into the space up forward. Fair overhead mark also. I look forward to a rapid improvement in other aspects of his game in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    He has certainly improved his kicking skills. In his first season he was adept at picking out opposition players and kicking to nowhere. His goalkicking was also pretty average. Now he finds a target most times, kicks goals from set shots and gets into the space up forward. Fair overhead mark also. I look forward to a rapid improvement in other aspects of his game in 2013.
    Lethal and Mal Blight reckon that a player in his first couple of seasons is just getting used to the pace. It is the third season that they expect to start seeing what a player really has to give a side. He started to look good in his third year when we drafted him and hasn't looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Lethal and Mal Blight reckon that a player in his first couple of seasons is just getting used to the pace. It is the third season that they expect to start seeing what a player really has to give a side.....
    Like Anthony Rocca?
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Just a little challenge set by the coaches for him to take a bigger leadership role in directing play. We won't see Goodes at stoppages as much in future so others need to take over the role.

Can't think of a bigger trading bargain than Kennedy, if you discount the stupidity of Freo trading an untried Andrew McLeod for Chris Groom, a bloke who played about six games.
    personally john longmire and wayne carey for a packet of crisps jumps out at me.

on topic i said to a collingwood supporting friend of mine that i was sure that josh was going to be a superstar after his first season with us - he only knew about the josh kennedy at the eagles. i told him to get on him at the brownlow at the odds of 1000-1.

sadly wasnt to be but i reckon he'll start a fair bit shorter this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast