Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Premiers under-rated YET AGAIN

Re: 2012 Premiers under-rated YET AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Also agree with Big Al.

16+ wins aren't just going to happen either. I don't think it's outrageous by any stretch to say that we may not win 16+ games.
    Absolutely, there are no guarantees in football. Premierships are bloody hard to win simply because so many things need to go right. You only have to have a bad run with injuries for example or have a full forward who couldn't hit water from a boat.

As I've said in another thread I'm not even looking at this season. Too busy enjoying the last one atm.
    Last edited by Big Al; 1st February 2013 at 01:41 PM.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

It will be interesting to see how the season unfolds as far as rating us goes. We will be heavily favoured to win our first 6 games before playing Hawthorn in round 7. So if we do start 6-0, then the pundits will say we had an easy draw at the start (which is true), but if we drop any of those games, we will be seriously downgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Absolutely, there are no guarantees in football. Premierships are bloody hard to win simply because so many things need to go right. You only have to have a bad run with injuries for example or have a full forward who couldn't hit water from a boat.

As I've said in another thread I'm not even looking at this season. Too busy enjoying the last one atm.
    Totally agree.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    We're the Reigning Premiers and as such I couldn't give a toss what anyone says about our chances this year or any year for that matter. The only belief I'm interested in is the self belief of the club. As long as they believe it doesn't make a rats arse of difference what the media have to say.
    In football speak Al; that's a rats toss bag.

Re: 2012 Premiers under-rated YET AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    In football speak Al; that's a rats toss bag.
    haha...I stand corrected Nico.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    haha...I stand corrected Nico.
    I have very bad news for you Big Al - Ch 9 has just reported that the roof of the Campbelltown KFC has been blown off. I'm assuming that was from the storm and not a customer. Let me know if you need a food parcel for tonight and I'll whip down the M7.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Exactly right. Anything can happen -- remember we lost our first 2 games of 2006, Matthew Lloyd went berzerk and kicked something like 5 goals in a quarter on Leo Barry in Round 1, after the Bombers had been rubbish in the previous season. Been following this game long enough to know to expect the unexpected.

My own view is that the team looks like they will be in good shape physically to be able to win 16 games again, but beyond that, who knows?

2012 Premiers under-rated YET AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    I have very bad news for you Big Al - Ch 9 has just reported that the roof of the Campbelltown KFC has been blown off. I'm assuming that was from the storm and not a customer. Let me know if you need a food parcel for tonight and I'll whip down the M7.
    I heard it was a Zinger burger that went horribly wrong. The SES phoned me straight away though so it's all sweet. Provisions are being flown in as we speak.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    In the meantime, if anyone in the Campbelltown area wants a good deal on a cheeseburger until the KFC is back up and running, let me know and I can talk to my people. Perhaps a free sundae with every value meal purchase.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Seems like an endless cycle, always under-rated but that's how we won it last year, right?

From the 'Graph (the "experts state whether punters should bet the club will win more (over) or less (under) games than Betstar's line):

SYDNEY
    Betstar line: 15.5 wins
    Clark: Under ($1.85)
    The Swans played out of their skins last year and credit to them. Even with Kurt Tippett in the fold I can't see them replicating last year's heroics.

Edmund: Under (1.85)
    We underestimate them every year, so why stop now? Rivals will have done their homework, Goodes will be a slow starter and Tippett won't play until mid-year and probably cause all manner of distraction along the way. Even the Swans could suffer the good ol' fashioned premiership hangover.

Landsberger: Over ($1.95)
    Won 16 last year and then picked up a bloke called Kurt Tippett. Won?t lose at home.
    Are...the Melbourne base "experts"(!!!!!)

i find this analysis so predictable wrong that I suspect they are not serious this year, just taking the piss out of recent past Victorian idiot/"experts".

Anyone know what Grant Thomas and Mick Malthouse's predictions about the Swans in 2013 will be? They represented the most acute version of poor reviews re Sydney last year.

Happy and I know it
    Don't waste any energy on these sorts of things. They don't know anything more than the rest of us - they just pretend they do.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

We're the Reigning Premiers and as such I couldn't give a toss what anyone says about our chances this year or any year for that matter. The only belief I'm interested in is the self belief of the club. As long as they believe it doesn't make a rats arse of difference what the media have to say.
    I knew there was a reason we became good friends, we agree on so much when it come to the Swans....I must tell my Mum!!!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast