Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Tom Waterhouse dropped

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    I don't doubt they do great work, helping people in need, but they have an active anti-gay policy which I can't support. I used to raise money for them over Christmas for 3 years and stopped last year when I heard a Salvos representative talk about therm fighting against marriage equality. That is my personal stance though and I couldn't bring myself to support them anymore.
    With enormous regret, +1. Sad.

But back to footy. Is that ROK Lobster I see above? Where has he/she? been.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    I noticed that the fellow who knows what I want turned up on the rugby league commentary.

Could be short lived and hopefully he won't appear on AFL.

Waterhouse, the son of Sydney horse trainer Gai Waterhouse, has reportedly done a $15 million deal with Channel Nine which includes appearances on live coverage as well as the NRL and AFL footy shows.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...#ixzz2NyPA0LmB

Same mould as Gastric band Packer.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    And now The Age has picked it up. The Senate wants to know what's going on. And check the poll response.

Waterhouse's multi-million dollar NRL deal put under microscope
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Not even the CEO of William Hill likes odds during the footy.

''I want to watch football for football,'' said Topping, who until December was chairman of the Scottish Premier League. ''If I want odds I can get that from somewhere else, [other than during the coverage].

''We advertise at half-time in games at home but I would not think that that approach [in-game odds] is something we would consider.''
    Read more: Don't shout the odds while I'm watching the footy, says betting giant boss
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Tom's smug face during the NRL is unbearable.

Won't be able to deal with it if he's also smirking at me from the AFL coverage as well.

However he is the best case for banning of this betting crap being thown at me when I'm watching the game.
    -

yeah he is now all over the Rugby League replays and on FOX & Seven advertising madly.

I am just waiting for the betting plunge that will send him broke and make him exit my personal space. Anyone?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    In how many years?

I don't like Waterhouse. If you are going to punt, give it to the TAB, Lotto or a community club. I'd rather that than go to an individual biusinessman
    TAB in NSW used to be owned by the Government but they sold it off to private enterprise the same as the lotteries. After the Opera house was fully paid off the money from Lotteries went to the hospitals. Now that it has been sold there is no extra money for hospitals. Governments of all persuasions think short term gain today instead of long term value. So all are private and it doesn't matter where you put your money it won't be going somewhere that can do some good. Community clubs, while they try to support sport and community activities, don't make very much from this type of gambling. The majority of the money goes to TAB, Lotteries NSW etc and they only retain an agency fee. So in the end most of the money goes to private corporations that are very susceptible to corruption. I am not saying government is not, look up Obied, but when the Lotto and TAB were run by the government there had to be far more checks and balances.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456