Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Grand Final Recall on Fox

Veterans List
    The intensity with which they watched the game suggested to me that they haven't watched it much. I, on the other hand, can recite the commentary on all four tracks of the DVD.

I'd prefer them to be engrossed rather than glib. So far (I'm only at half time), Jude was the only real entertainer in the group though Joey wasn't far behind, if more practical in his comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I thought it was terrific. The players aren't media performers, they are footballers so on that basis I thought they were great.

As the great philosopher Darryl Kerrigan once said "this goes straight to the pool room"
    Well said! Terrific TV, Terrific insight into how the guys felt, Terrific reminder of just how calm clever and generally bloody fantastic Horse and his team are! I thought Mal and Pykey came out of it looking poised and professional and if Mike can only slow down the speed at which he speaks he may have a media career ahead of him.
    Well done to all at Fox Footy, and well done to all the Swans boys for not coming across as smug and self satisfied as some previous winners.
    Off to watch it again.

I thought Dwayne was very good also.
    He's not someone I'm overly keen on as a rule and when I saw he was hosting I thought the worst, but I liked the way he was content to stay in the background and leave the talk mostly between the boys and Roosy (who still seems more like a proud dad than ex-coach) and only chiming in with pertinent questions or when the rest of them seemed to be a bit too engrossed in the game and the silence was dragging on a bit.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456