Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gong uni into sydneyafl

Gong uni into sydneyafl

Just heard a rumor that Wollongong uni Sth coast premiers are entering a side in the sydneyafl anyone heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSHOW View Post
    Just heard a rumor that Wollongong uni Sth coast premiers are entering a side in the sydneyafl anyone heard anything.
    Doubt it would be this year.

Although it could be coming, pretty strong club from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSHOW View Post
    Camden play a trial against Wollongong Uni Premiership team on the 23rd. Will be interesting result as Camden cattle look strong!

Also throw some support behind the Camden club as they raise money for Cancer charities this weekend riding from Canberra to Camden in one day!

There isn't a tab for Div 5 on the results section of the website, maybe keeping it open? They had us in Div 2 & 4 as late as yesterday but changed now. Wouldn't think they'd be starting in that low a division however.

Almost Football Legend
    Div 5 not being up on SportingPulse is probably because Sydney Uni and Moorebank have put a couple of late nominations in, so they'd have to re-do the draw.
    Probably too late to get Wollongong Uni in for this year, but maybe for future seasons.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    There isn't a tab for Div 5 on the results section of the website, maybe keeping it open? They had us in Div 2 & 4 as late as yesterday but changed now. Wouldn't think they'd be starting in that low a division however.
    We played Kiama on the weekend and the difference between them and Bombaderry who we played the year before was huge. If they were to gain nomination maybe it would be in div 2 and 4 with Auburn dropping back to 3, only surmising of course.

Still got me beat why Auburn was promoted in front of Blacktown. I have heard that Auburn have lost a lot of players (for various reasons and there are a lot of first time players.

Blacktown on the other hand have "snared" some very smart recruits and would be more competitive in D2 than the Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Still got me beat why Auburn was promoted in front of Blacktown. I have heard that Auburn have lost a lot of players (for various reasons and there are a lot of first time players.

Blacktown on the other hand have "snared" some very smart recruits and would be more competitive in D2 than the Tigers.
    Either way, both were going to be more competitive than us! There's some big fast frames flying around in that Division, and as I explained to some of the Eastlake players on the weekend, Div 2 is probably the last div where clubs can actively recruit players of Premier Div ability, like Camden seem to be doing a great job of this year.

[QUOTE=Pekay;606222] Div 2 is probably the last div where clubs* can actively recruit players of Premier Div ability.QUOTE]

*Excludes Blacktown.

Love the fact that the SFL might be able to find a place for Wollongong Uni, and a new home for Nor-west.
    And that Syd Uni and Moorebank can put in late bids for extra nominations.

It's a big plus for divisionalisation. I don't see how any of these things could have happened under the old structure....we play grassroots footy and it's so good that room can be made available for social footballers, some of whom are new to our code.

Sweet home Novacastria
    On the contrary, I really think taking community clubs from other leagues does little to help the code in NSW. How would the removal of Woolongong uni effect the SCAFL?
    It makes the numbers for AFL Sydney look good, but the flow on effects can only be negative. AFL Sydney is not the be all and end all of footy in this state.

Yeah, robbing one comp to shore up another is no help in the long run. Fair point NS.

But the NSWAFL says that the participation levels are going up and that's got to be a good thing...

Or have I been sucked in by their hype, and fudging figures ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast