Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom MItchell

Senior Player

Tom MItchell

Nice to see his name popping up more frequently. Coach gave him a favorable mention the other vday..'coming along nicely, in the training group 'etc.
    On my infrequent trips to summer training, I've watched the poor bugger doing lap after lap and getting rubdowns while his mates are doing skills and match practice. Now looks as if it might be falling into place for him.
    I don't think he will sneak into the team undetected though ..watch this from Gary Lyon, right at the end.
    Swan on song for Brownlow, says Lyon - AFL.com.au

I can't watch the video, can you fill me in on what Lyon says?
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Paraphrasing here but Lyon said something along the lines of "Scary for all of us to see a player of that quality being introduced to a premiership team".

Tom MItchell

Neil Cordy tweeted that Mattner, Smith, Morton and Mitchell are all training today. Good signs

Yeah very scary to see Tom Mitchell introduced into that midfield for other clubs. Especially as Luke Parker has upped the ante already and is looking so imposing.

Senior Player
    Mitchell, Rohan, Jetta and Parker, plus Hanners..all on the field together....cannot wait!

Warming the Bench
    Am i the only one that is worried about this kid, he doesn't play much seconds seeing that he has had problems with his ankles. We hardly here from him or the club about his progression, is there a more sinister injury afoot(Like Mickey O's)? Or are they just hiding him from the limelight before his big debut?

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    Am i the only one that is worried about this kid, he doesn't play much seconds seeing that he has had problems with his ankles. We hardly here from him or the club about his progression, is there a more sinister injury afoot(Like Mickey O's)? Or are they just hiding him from the limelight before his big debut?
    He's been mentioned recently, heard he is doing some skills work recently and shouldn't be too far away from playing reserves.

It seems crazy in hindsight - but at time last year I felt we were missing an extractor at clearances - we have some elite options but the quality of the 'B group' inside midfield might make all the difference this year. So hope he gets to show his talent.

Goes up to 11
    I think Extractor is Tom's middle name. Hope he gets himself right and gets a few games under his belt this year. He is a super talent and I'm sure the club is willing to invest a lot of time and energy in getting him ready to go. I for one am looking forward to seeing him strut his stuff on the big stage.

Make no mistake, if he can get his body right, he will be a gun! More than happy for the club to continue the softly softly approach, because when he is all good fitness wise, we will have another midfield beast on our hands
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Re: Tom MItchell

When I spent some time the cup back in January the custodian from the Swans and I discussed young Tom. He's not getting serious injuries just niggling ones that stop him getting a full preseason. Also the clubs patience does suggest what they think of Tom. Gun was mentioned a few times so was 10 year player so I'm really looking forward to his progress.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast