Thread: Horse say's.."I'm scrambling..."

Horse say's.."I'm scrambling..."

A friend of mine was at a birthday party with Horse on Saturday night.

One football related insight...

He said..."I'm scrambling to get the team ready for round 1"

Doesn't exactly fill one with confidence...but at least there will be plenty of urgency around the club this next 2 weeks.

It also suggests we won't be taking GWS or GC lightly.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

That is a pretty interesting way of putting it "scrambling". There are injuries, niggles, form, fitness and attitude to think of and I suppose he is looking at all these aspects. He will also be asking the fitness staff to up the training regime slightly to progressively bring our blokes up to the maximum fitness level.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    He will also be asking the fitness staff to up the training regime slightly to progressively bring our blokes up to the maximum fitness level.
    I think half the problem is that they are in the midst of a heavy training load. Roos has made the point that they are training very hard during the week and they would be buggered come game day. (A fact Cameron Mooney and Alistair Lynch agreed with being also late starters after premierships) I suspect Hawthorn will be the same at the moment. I reckon the next few weeks will be trying to finish the preseason load.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

It's pre-season. Who cares whether we're winning. It's all about the little things that go towards round 1. Even then, look at the Dons last year. World beaters at the half way mark, off the pace at the end. I'll trust Horse to have these guys peaking at the right time of the season.

Horse say's.."I'm scrambling..."

Yep, preseason for me is time in legs and avoiding serious injury (shame about AJ). Results are irrelevant IMO. Bring on GWS!
    Swannies for life!

Warming the Bench
    Not sure if this happens to anyone else, but it is amusing to see the ads that pop up at the top of the screen....horse games, horse supplies...birthday parties...
    Last weekend in Sept 05 - The best weekend of my life!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swannymum View Post
    Not sure if this happens to anyone else, but it is amusing to see the ads that pop up at the top of the screen....horse games, horse supplies...birthday parties...
    I think everyone has it.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

yeah Im pretty sore in the legs a hard pre season trying to find match coverage ...changing from one tweet to another shoulders are killing me not to mention its a long way to fridge for beers... Im scrambling to be ready for round 1, of to Koh Samui tomorrow for pre season bonding session so should be ready for rnd 1 ...eeek just realised I arrive home on 31st .. off to call horse.

Cheers

waz

Veterans List
    Yep, I reckon after seeing the Poor Power game at the weekend that we do look to be scrambling a bit.

I like a bet on the footy so had $30 on GWS @ $13 to beat us in R1, that is just way too generous odds. However, if we don't sharpen up considerably in the next two weeks I'll be disappointed at having to collect the winnings!

Full confidence we can lift for R1 but I reckon it will be a struggle to beat them, no fancy margins this time.

I think the first two games will be suprisingly close, but Id be bitterly disappointed if we dropped either of them. We started very slowly in 2006 (remember watching us get flogged by Port when we unfurled the Premiership flag), but we got within a whisker of winning the lot that year. Seem to have most of the troops back on board, so we will be right.

Bring on the dwarfs on Saturday week I say
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I think half the problem is that they are in the midst of a heavy training load. Roos has made the point that they are training very hard during the week and they would be buggered come game day. (A fact Cameron Mooney and Alistair Lynch agreed with being also late starters after premierships) I suspect Hawthorn will be the same at the moment. I reckon the next few weeks will be trying to finish the preseason load.
    Roos emphasised that point about Sydney and Hawthorn again last night on OTC...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Roos emphasised that point about Sydney and Hawthorn again last night on OTC...
    Also, when you look at the last 3 practice games (particularly Power and Saints) we fell away in the final quarter of the match. Which would further validate the heavy training load theory.
    Swannies for life!