Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 8 Vs Freo

Regular in the Side
    sorry that should be Melbournehammer, not hammerhead.

Can I ask for one favour? An indulgence if you like.

Don't get stuck into a guy in his first AFL game for almost a year.

The difference between reserves and AFL level is preposterous, you don't just turn up and start kicking goals.

For those who didn't notice, Walsh was partly responsible for the Pyke goal (not to take it away from Mike who marked and kicked very well). He very skilfully shepherded his man out of that contest and didn't try to take the mark himself, leaving Pyke in a one-on-one. Having complained for weeks about the swans bombing to ineffective packs in the forward 50, the structure tonight was much better. I think Morton and Walsh should get some credit for this even though they were clearly not on top form.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Hammerhead you must be joking re Walsh, he should be put on the first boat back to Ireland White would have been far better than him tonight. He took a mark and fell over in the 2nd qrt and then kicked it out of bounce on the full when at least a point preferably a goal was needed. His papers should be ,arked never to play again how lucky were the Saints that the Swans chased him. Our kicking to position was again terrible like is had been for a while. Rampe is struggling and by do we miss Shawy. Goodes is playing terrible , Mummy pathetic and back men are also struggling st the moment not the same.
    lwjoyner ... apart from the incredibly bad spelling & grammar, were you responding to Melbournehammer's comment that "tom walsh is **NOT** better than jesse white". The hammer agrees with you.
    Rampe's career in a whole half dozen games old. Mummy is playing injured (& and we lacked physical presence without him last week). The backline is probably struggling without Shawry, LRT & the late withdrawal of Mattner.

Love those heat of the moment angry posts

Veterans List
    Unbelievable loss, yes that was a loss!

Reid had a good game even before his 2 point saving mark.

Walsh is a spud and won't be on the list at the end of the year.

Did I hear Mitchell had a good game in the ressies? well time to start subbing him in the seniors, we need some class

I'm gutted with that result.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Relax Guys.

we're the reigning premiers,and sitting in the top 4 in round 8 despite missing half of our back 6 from last year, our most versatile KPP in LRT and our offseason "star" signing Tippett.

We're doing OK.

P.S Freo ran over the top of collingwood, who just ran over the top of geelong who ran over the top of Hawthorn.
    Happens to everyone.

Move on, big game next Friday night.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Pathetic. That is the only word for it. This effort was insipid and soft. We were spent by 15 min into the last quarter. somebody look at our fitness regime immediately. We are not running matches out. It was as though we wanted to save the game not win it. how can you protect a lead so small. Even 27 pts after we tried to protect a 15 pt lead in the third instead of trying to win the game. We bombed the ball down the flank to a contest constantly in the third and then in the last 15 min of the last. What was that all about? Why not honour the leads that were provided. There also seems to be a Senior player v new boys mentality happening. Jetts, Rampe, Parker etc lead time and again for Mal and he ignored them then kicked to Goodes in a contest against three Dockers. Reg can go home after this one. He was ordinary and got out-marked by a player 10cm shorter at one stage.

i wonder whether we are doing ok. my instinct is that we are struggling big time. if we cant win these games we have to jag wins elsewhere. we need to get around 15 wins to make top 4. i cant see where that is coming from.

On the Rookie List
    To be bloody 4 goals up at home in the last qtr and only just manage a draw (I feel like its a loss!) is just unacceptable! WTF happened? I could only listen to parts of the game, did we run out of puff? Love to get a take on it from someone who was at the game. Oh geez pies at the G next week, looking forward to another great home and away game performance there.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    i wonder whether we are doing ok. my instinct is that we are struggling big time. if we cant win these games we have to jag wins elsewhere. we need to get around 15 wins to make top 4. i cant see where that is coming from.
    Give the Docker's some credit. They're currently 5th. Drew with us tonight and lost to Essendon in the final seconds. Very easily could be equal top with Hawks and Geelong.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

i have - i think they outplayed us for much of the game. we have to win these games though - particularly the ones at home because we are no certainties against either of the adelaide teams away and it is really hard to see us beating the pies on current form at the mcg. we wont beat geelong at the cat park.

unless we get 15 wins we finish 5th. and that is about where we are at.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Freo are surprisingly good, they will feel more let down than Swans, they kicked woefully , missed a lot of gettable goals. Should have won the game, Sydney are a long way off clicking as a team but still did enough to get 2 points.
    It was probably a fair enough outcome.
    HP

M/Hammer I don't think we are 5th material. they had 8 out before the game and lost two more during the game. They had less rotations yet it was us who folded and were pushing @@@@ up hill in the last. Our players could hardly raise a trot in the last 15 mis. They certainly were not getting to the ball first, we were second to the ball and that is alway dangerous. We ran out of puff. We decided to save the game rather than win it. Very bad form that. I think our fitness regime needs looking into and the attitude of our players also needs a good look. Maybe we are not hungry enough after winning it last year. There is a school of thought that players get jaded after a premiership because everything after that is a let down.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast