Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 9 vs. Collingwood

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    pr. dim-melb; m not f

Changes for Round 9 vs. Collingwood

Out: Mummy (seems to need time to get right), Marty (depending on fitness, stays if OK)
    In: White (rotates between ruck and forward), Lamb (replacing Walsh who goes into defence)
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Marty's already out, as in he wasn't in the team against Freo.

Blog Entries
    But Marty is already an out.

Stick Sam at full back!!!!....

Out:
    - Mummy: clearly not 100%. Should be rested for a bit, to allow him to hopefully return to his best for the second half of the season.

- Walsh. I'd like for him to have another week, but I can't see that happening given that he did even less than White did the week prior.

Bird: looks slow (even as the sub) and keeps turning the ball over by foot. With Mitchell getting better by the week in the Ressies, I think he'll eventually lose his spot to him

In:
    - White: unfairly dropped last week, and I think he offers a little bit more than Mumford does at this stage

Mattner: logical replacement if he's fit. Otherwise Armstrong

Lamb: In the couple quarters he played I thought he was really good, deserves a full game

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Marty's already out, as in he wasn't in the team against Freo.
    But Marty is already an out.
    Ah yes, mere details!
    To be replaced by Walsh - I think we need to work this bloke and make a decision for the future, and I agree with those who think he is more likely to have a future in defence than up forward, even if the coaches want to make him a swing player.
    Lamb to play a full game.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Reservers form against a very weak opposition means nothing. Absolutely nothing. White kicking 10 against Queenbean would require the same effort as kicking 1 against collingwood.

Morton, Walsh and White are all of about the same level regarding our forward options.

We need to select teams which represent our best long term advantage, irrespective of game to game reserves form. You'd have to think Morton has a proven record with his grand final efforts, and you'd perhaps think that getting White in as the pseudo-Tippet would allow us to adapt a game plan around a key forward, even if he cant execute the role to perfection.

Walsh isn't even close to Morton's level. No way in hell would Morton have missed everything on Saturday night, for a start.

On the Rookie List
    Morton is miles ahead of Walsh and White. Morton's a natural who also has far more AFL experience, the other two are not. Just play Morton and leave him in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Walsh isn't even close to Morton's level. No way in hell would Morton have missed everything on Saturday night, for a start.
    Do you mean his shot at goal or the ball with his foot after he marked?
    Last edited by 0918330512; 20th May 2013 at 04:23 PM.

Collingwood's small forwards and midfielders are the danger. Although Cloke is a monster, they are not a tall team. Krakouer, Elliot, Dwyer, Blair will be difficult to cover with last weeks team.

Walsh out, Mattner in (Armstrong if Mattner not fit)

If Jolly is suspended, Mummy should go out for Armstrong or Lamb.

Play Jetta as a small forward and Benny in the midfield. Jetts needs to get himself away from the congestion and run into open spaces. We need a dangerous scoring threat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Collingwood's small forwards and midfielders are the danger. Although Cloke is a monster, they are not a tall team. Krakouer, Elliot, Dwyer, Blair will be difficult to cover with last weeks team.

Walsh out, Mattner in (Armstrong if Mattner not fit)

If Jolly is suspended, Mummy should go out for Armstrong or Lamb.

Play Jetta as a small forward and Benny in the midfield. Jetts needs to get himself away from the congestion and run into open spaces. We need a dangerous scoring threat again.
    I'd still play Mummy unless he's injured. Agree that it's highly likely that Jolly will be gone for at least a week. I guess they will promote a reserve tall/ruck which should give Mummy/Pike the rucking advantage. We will need all the advantage we can get in the clearances. Their tall experienced fwds will be limited to Cloke and Lynch. Ted on Cloke, Pike/Reg rotating on Lynch plus if Marty (if fit) plays the floater role to help out with intercepts on each. On this basis, I'm optimistic we can limit their impact ... but only if we stop the flow of good delivery.

So obviously we need to match up their key 8 mids/small fwds ... Swan, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Ball (just back I know but looked OK), Krakouer, Elliot, Dwyer, Blair. We have enough good calibre players to match them ... Smith, ROK, Keiran, McVeigh, Josh K, Hanners, Jude, and Parker. Add to this Rampe and Nic Mal and Benny. This game looks well suited to Rampe with less height on their side. He could take Dwyer or Elliot. Plus Nic Mal on another. Armstrong to continue this theme as sub. Benny to rotate between fwd and midfield with Jude and ROK.

From the Pies perspective, they have to be worried about matching up Goodsey and Jetts who should play their recent roles rather than full time fwds. Then stick with Ried and Mitch as the key fwds. Out of Walsh and Everitt, I think I'd go with Everitt for his better kicking.

Concerned that Bird doesn't have the pace or current form to be in the mix for this game.

In: Mattner, Armstrong (sub)
    Out: Walsh, Bird
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast