Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Changes for Round 9 vs. Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think Everitt is capable, and usually does one or two nice things a game. He just doesn't really do enough. If he can play a defensive role on one of the Pies' main playmakers, he would be making a valuable contribution regardless of how much of the ball he gets himself.
    I noticed this too, every time this season Harry collects 20 disposals, the Pies have won. We definitely need someone on him to limit his influence, with Shaw and Daisy out, they will try to use him more often.

Would be a good task for Everitt, if he can pull it off while also making himself a target up forward, he could prove he has a role in our best 22. The alternative is Bird, but I feel he is too slow for Harry and I can't see him making Harry accountable

Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    I actually really like the balance of our team this week, particularly if Morton plays a full game.

We have some extra options up forward, the right number of talls, some flexibility down back with Everitt and two bench players who would make great subs - runners, with a bit of class, who can have an impact.

Feeling much more confident about this game than the one against the Hawks.
    I agree, the team looks well balanced (I hope Lamb gets a full game) and with Heath Shaw also out....

I too, am feeling unusually confident about this game.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I'm nervous about it. But would seriously love a win - having seen the tipsters go all out for a collingwood win i kind of feel we have nothing to lose today - and I reckon our mids CAN win this - and I'd love goodesy to turn the clock back a bit...

I am very nervous about this game. Pies played pretty good footy last week whereas we went to sleep in the last 10 minutes against freo. Looking at the standard of footy last week I was very surprised to see Pies play so well. Their previous two weeks had been pretty ordinary standard wise. Our standard lately has been middling to poor for a top side. We need to step up big time in this game. We matched Cats for a half and then lost the plot in the third and played out the last. We were never in it against Hawks, they killed us from the first bounce. Against freo I thought we had moments where we played really well but too many lapses into low percentage footy.

We need to step up this week. The standard of our play has to go up considerably to beat Pies. I hate Pies! So I am hoping our players are with it big time tonight.

Senior Player
    Lamb is the sub

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

Change

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Managed to get seats in MCC members, so going to this one tonight. First game for the year for me, and not at all confident of a win. Then again last time I was at the G I wasn't too confident either so I guess well see what happens !
    We have not beaten Collingwood in Melbourne for 13 years. Gee a win would be nice tonight, but the way we have played the last 2 weeks I am not counting on that win happening.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Do we HAVE to play the ferals?
    I seriously don't want to watch.
    We can't have ANY ineffective disposals (I'm talking to you Adam Goodes) if we want to win this one.
    Thanks for listening Adam.
    I knew we could work it out.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Who was the muppet on here that said Goodes was past it? Can't be bothered trawling through old posts! Ahhhh, don't think so - the Prince has still got it. NB: Paul Kelly is the King. Always...

Goodes is clearly not a stay at home KPP, but at 33 - like Boomer Harvey - still runs amok in the midfield when given the chance. I believe his last 3 weeks Goodesy has been getting back to the old midfield General. Scary, when you think of the midfield we already have...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910