Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Collingwood game - seating question

Veteran Site Admin

Collingwood game - seating question

Am trying to buy a ticket. Which end is the Swans' end? In the Great Southern?

Well both supporters are in the 'Great Southern' stand(its a big stand!!!) Pretty sure the swan cheer squad will be at the punt road end.

Try for M1-M4 or N1-N4 or P1-P4 or Q1-Q4. That's where swans supporters will mainly be, not me though, I'll be sitting Pies supporters....and loving it!
    Last edited by johnno; 21st May 2013 at 12:13 AM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Punt Road End doesn't mean too much to me. Usually the Swans cheer squad is at the Ponsford End - I know the GSS is big but it doesn't go around the whole perimeter, But I think I read somewhere that the Ponsford is reserved for the Pies CS.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Punt Road End doesn't mean too much to me. Usually the Swans cheer squad is at the Ponsford End - I know the GSS is big but it doesn't go around the whole perimeter, But I think I read somewhere that the Ponsford is reserved for the Pies CS.
    GSS is half perimeter(almost).

M1-M4 or N1-N4 or P1-P4 or Q1-Q4.

This is the end the swans cheersquad will be at(I think)....and it is in the GSS.

Yes your right, Joffa and his mates are in the Ponsford stand

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    GSS is half perimeter(almost).

Yeah, but all the best seats (ie on the wing) are hogged by AFL members so they don't count!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Yeah, but all the best seats (ie on the wing) are hogged by AFL members so they don't count!
    And the MCC Reserve on the other side!

I have no idea. The CS are usually in the Ponsford, but not always the case.
    I'll ask around if no one can reply here.

Long Term Injury List
    Liz, according to the Swans Mag the Cheer Squad is in the Great Southern Stand End this week (not the Ponsford Stand as is usual). so try for tickets in Great Southern Stand or Olympic Stand. Wherever you sit you will end up with Collingwood supporters nearby, especially after their win last week, they will be at the game in droves.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    Liz, according to the Swans Mag the Cheer Squad is in the Great Southern Stand End this week (not the Ponsford Stand as is usual). so try for tickets in Great Southern Stand or Olympic Stand. Wherever you sit you will end up with Collingwood supporters nearby, especially after their win last week, they will be at the game in droves.
    I just got that answer too.

"Great Southern Stand our cheer squad will be. pies always have the Ponsford"

We used to always sit at ground level in the Ponsford (near the CS) for MCG games and I was annoyed last week when they directed the GA access members have to level 4 at the Hawks game.

I assume that the top deck of the Southern and the Ponsford will again be all that is available to members without a paid-for upgrade. Will have to arrive much earlier for the Pies game (I'm thinking 40-50 minutes before first bounce) because by the time I got the family seated at Hawks game (about 15 minutes before start) all that was left was 20+ rows back in the top deck. You are a fair way back at the MCG in such seating. Kids were disappointed.

In addition to getting one less game in Melbourne this year, I thought it was another slap in the face for Melbourne members with value of membership depreciated further.

Posted from Firefox. Rather be back on IE (but greatly appreciate the challenges and commitment involved in managing this site)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I just got that answer too.

"Great Southern Stand our cheer squad will be. pies always have the Ponsford"
    Always. Pie supporters will tell you its their home ground and they built the Ponsford Stand.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I assume that the top deck of the Southern and the Ponsford will again be all that is available to members without a paid-for upgrade.
    For the general public, the only seats that seem to be available are a handful at ground level in the GSS pocket, from around the fence to 10 rows back or so.

I've abandoned my thoughts of coming down for the match now. I realise I should have got myself organised sooner but it didn't really occur to me that I needed to buy a ticket for a non-final, non-ANZAC day MCG game so early. Obviously didn't take into account the Collingwood factor.

Regular in the Side
    Does anyone else have a problem with tiketek? I find the seats I want and click on go to payment and nothing happens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast