Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes round 10 v Bombers

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I thought everitt was outstanding last night. Hes playing the mr fix it role that lrt plays. His double teaming of cloke shut down collingwoods only forward
    He was outstanding but Mattner has to come in for someone.

Warming the Bench
    Mattner in for Reid.

Maybe put Lamb back in the 2s for a good run around and keep him fit. Time to give Mitchel a run as sub? Hmmm

On the Rookie List
    Should Reid not come up...

In: Marty Out: Reid

Mattner slots back into the back 6, allowing Rampe to take a smaller opponent. Dre Everitt (who was very good down back last night) can push forward. The resting ruck + Goodes freewheeling should be ok on the SCG, our smalls and mids are kicking plenty of goals.

Great signs that with Shaw, LRT, AJ and Mattner out, those two fringe guys in Ramps and Dre were able to do the job on the big stage. You felt for Ramps playing on Lynch/Jolly/Witts at times, was conceding 15cm and 15kgs most of the time yet did a cracking job. Respect for the surfer kid.

Have liked what I've seen from Lambchop, hasn't had heaps of the pill as the sub but seems very composed when he gets it and is a lovely kick.

Morton is dangerous and getting shots at goal, might have felt the pressure a few times last night (is from all reports a nervous kinda bloke) but if he can convert he adds a lot to our fwds. Very good mark for a mid-sizer
    Last edited by TPR4; 25th May 2013 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Typo
    Twitter: @tp_rose

Agree if Reid is out for injury, Marty in (assume fit)

Leave Dre in the backline and Rampe to the forwards / swing man... IMO

Worth leaving the rest where they were last night!

Like Macca in the half backline controlled the play well.

Rod_

Everitt was good, Bird was better, Rampe is settling in and getting good support now. McGlynn is going really well this year too. Grundy had a coupla changers but I think he got a lot of the pill so it's to be expected. Overall a nice even contribution from everyone

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    An abdominal strain must be a substantial injury, how many weeks has Shaw been out now ?
    HP

Surely it's time for Mitchell to come in, surely. Dominated again today in the ressies.

Don't care who goes out from Lamb, Bird, Everritt, Rampe, Reid (if injured) - just bring Mitchell in!

Quote Originally Posted by Cressakel2 View Post
    Surely it's time for Mitchell to come in, surely. Dominated again today in the ressies.

Don't care who goes out from Lamb, Bird, Everritt, Rampe, Reid (if injured) - just bring Mitchell in!
    His class is unquestioned and from my vantage point he's playing more minutes and running out games well. The things we don't know is how he's pulling up after games. He's had these niggling things with his body for awhile and if they are now under control then his debut will be close.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    His class is unquestioned and from my vantage point he's playing more minutes and running out games well. The things we don't know is how he's pulling up after games. He's had these niggling things with his body for awhile and if they are now under control then his debut will be close.
    I heard an interview with hanners today on MMM and they asked about Mitchell
    He reckons he is very close and will probably get a game soon, just a matter of when they can squeeze him in.

Regular in the Side
    IF Reid is out, then use Pyke as the full-time forward and bring in White to share ruck duties with Mummy. We need talls for the Dons

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    IF Reid is out, then use Pyke as the full-time forward and bring in White to share ruck duties with Mummy. We need talls for the Dons
    No thanks...Mummy is yet to perform this year...And White has never given a dominant display in the 1's, as either a ruckman or a forward.

If Reid is out, bring in Walsh I say. He deserves more than a 1 game chance. Kicked 7 yesterday.

Pyke to continue as our No.1 ruck and resting forward.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    An abdominal strain must be a substantial injury, how many weeks has Shaw been out now ?
    HP
    Maybe it was a hernia problem. If he had an op then it will take time. I had a double hernia op and it takes time.

Please not White or Walsh. They have proved too often that they are not up to the big time. Essendon are tallish down back so why not stretch them for pace and lead up options. If you put White or Walsh up front they will be easily blocked and knocked off the footy and not given space to lead, not that White has a clue in any of those aspects. I said in another thread that Brown appears to be able to play forward and back so why not give him a go. He has captained the 2's and is bit like Mal in his early years in that he was recruited as a HBF and is being given leadership roles. Otherwise bring on Mitchell.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast