Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes round 10 v Bombers

See I reckon this is loco ! If the past three weeks haven't reinforced it nothing will - goodes is five times the midfielder than he is a forward. To play him as the marking forward diminishes him as he often prefers playing front and centre and he gets out marked much too often by genuine key position defenders. Walsh crashed packs and brought the ball to ground against freo and white pushed and shoved his opponent in lake well enough that it came to ground as well.

If we bring mattner for Reid only our whole game style will need to change.

You'd have to question what Mental state Goodes will be in at the weekend. This week could be very draining.
    He may not be the superstar he was against Collingwood.

I agree, that if Reid is unavailable, then we need to replace him with a forward. I'd opt for White if the forcast is dry. Walsh if wet.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    What's the rationale behind playing Walsh in the wet

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    What's the rationale behind playing Walsh in the wet
    He is from Ireland

If Walsh plays, we lose. Bring in White before Walsh any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    If Walsh plays, we lose. Bring in White before Walsh any day of the week.
    Bring in either and its going to be a struggle, neither show anything at senior level but Walsh at least looks like he wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    lf we bring mattner for Reid only our whole game style will need to change.
    Why not Mattner for Everitt and put Everitt up field for Sammy?
    Last edited by goswannie14; 27th May 2013 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Fixed quote

Seem to have logged onto Walsh vs White Online.

Again.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Seem to have logged onto Walsh vs White Online.

Again.
    I know right

Opti-pessi-misti
    I watched the replay and still can't see why people were happy with Everitt's game. Sure he did a few good things and he may have been playing to a designated role but he still spends heaps of time 'hovering'. If you compare his input and output to that of Rampe who has played only a few games I can't see Everitt ever being in the best 22.

Did anyone at the game notice Macca pulling the defence group aside and laying down the law to them? Nothing on TV but I was listening to the ABC commentary and David Parkin spoke about it. According to DP he did it once (not sure if it was during a break) then did it again in no uncertain terms. In an after game interview DP asked Jarrod about it and when Jarrod said something about asking them, DP said that it didn't look to him like asking - and they both had a laugh. Obviously Macca is making his presence felt in the back half. I suspect Teddy has his work cut out trying to cope with his own role with Mattner and Shaw out as well as LRT and AJ!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-bloods View Post
    I wonder if Mitchell being named as sub was really an "encouragement award" it would be hard to believe his body, not his talent, is quite ready to step up. The Walsh vs White debate, White has not really 'stepped up' in recent years Tommy Walsh seemed at least get to contests against Freo i'd give him another chance but it must simply be Mattner in for Reid surely.
    I don't agree in terms of Mitchell. We all know that had he hit the club fit and firing last year, he would of played a handful of ressies games and been straight into the top team, that is how high the club rates him. The coaches obviously must think he is close to being ready - and when you look at our midfield stocks, he is the obvious next name in line, and hence was emergency on the weekend.

He got through another full game for the ressies, so looks like his body is holding up well at the moment. I'd not be suprised at all if we see him debut (assuming no injuries to him or our current first choice midfield) in either Rd 15 or Rd 16 vs Melbourne or GWS. For you can't quite see how he will push his way into the midfield group at this stage, and we have some pretty important games coming up where picking our best 22 available is the prerogative. But by that stage, the club might see merit in giving him a couple of games in matches where we can afford to rest midfielders.

But I have little doubt that if he stays fit they will want to get him a bit of experience, in case someone (fingers crossed it doesn't happen) goes down somewhere along the line and we need him later in the year. I fancy though, once he gets in, he won't anytime soon be dropping out of the top team, as he simply oozes class.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Reid's out. Won't play until after the bye.

Reid won?t feature before bye - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au

Mattner to come in for Lamb. Everitt to get green vest duties.
    I can't choose between White and Walsh but I expect the club will plump for Tommy.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Reid's out. Won't play until after the bye.
    That's exactly when Kurt Tippet plays his first game. So Reid may have a bit of trouble forcing his way back into the side.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast