Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes round 10 v Bombers

And having read what Crouch had to say about Mitchell needing to get his fitness up to AFL standard...

All those desperate to see him in the 1's, you are going to need some patience.

Certainly doesn't sound like it will be in the next couple of rounds.

I also agree with those comments above RE: Bird....He plays his role as stopper every week and plays it without fanfare....really well.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

It seems Mitchell had 42 disposals to 3/4 time on the weekend... it's time.
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    What happened at 3/4 time?

The tweet came from a Champion Data guy (Glenn Luff) who was reviewing the footage from the weekend and had calculated his stats up until 3/4 time.
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    It seems Mitchell had 42 disposals to 3/4 time on the weekend... it's time.
    I too, am really looking forward to him getting a run in the 1's.....but....

When he gets a call up, it won't be based on how many possessions he gets in the 2's.

It'll be based on when the coaches, and fitness staff, think he's ready...

And when there is a suitable opening in the team for him, which retains the team balance they want.

From reading what Crouch had to say. I don't think he reckons Mitchell is ready just yet.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Warming the Bench
    Was on 188 in SC.

Apparently ended up with 56.

How many possessions does Crouchy think is required to be ready for senior selection?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    How many possessions does Crouchy think is required to be ready for senior selection?
    Given he was a tagger....about 6 ...and about 2 for your direct opponent.

There is no question Mitchell will be a star of the game and will be an important member of the Swans for many years and as such the Swans will be patient with him. They won't play him until he's ready and in my mind that is the right strategy.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Here's what Crouch had to say :

Crouch said Mitchell, who was named as an emergency for the senior side last week, was working hard to elevate his fitness to an AFL standard.

?I guess the good thing for Tom is that he?s been able to play full games of football,? he said.

?I think the last three (weeks) he?s played a full game, but there is no doubt that the fitness level required at the reserves level compared to AFL level is totally different.

?He just needs to continue to work hard not only in games to make sure he gets extra running there, but to also make sure he continues to do that during the week.

?You can only play against the opponents you?ve got at the level you play, but it?s just about making sure you use every opportunity you?ve got to do the extras, to make it as ?senior-like? as you can during the week.?

To be honest I find these comments to be quite odd, considering he was an emergency last week.

Blog Entries

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    "Beat Tim Schmidt's 62 and you're in!"
    "okay boss"

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast