Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes round 10 v Bombers

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    What happened at 3/4 time?
    The intern went home?

Longmire has floated the idea of Goodes playing on Jobe. Yeah right.
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-...8#.UaWV-thadvo
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Here's what Crouch had to say :

Crouch said Mitchell, who was named as an emergency for the senior side last week, was working hard to elevate his fitness to an AFL standard.

?I guess the good thing for Tom is that he?s been able to play full games of football,? he said.

?I think the last three (weeks) he?s played a full game, but there is no doubt that the fitness level required at the reserves level compared to AFL level is totally different.

?He just needs to continue to work hard not only in games to make sure he gets extra running there, but to also make sure he continues to do that during the week.

?You can only play against the opponents you?ve got at the level you play, but it?s just about making sure you use every opportunity you?ve got to do the extras, to make it as ?senior-like? as you can during the week.?

To be honest I find these comments to be quite odd, considering he was an emergency last week.
    I don't. To me, he seems clearly to be next in line in terms of midfielders to get a crack in the 1sts, and as such the logical emergency for an away game. Either that, or there was an injury cloud over one of our midfielders we weren't aware of.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Given he was a tagger....about 6 ...and about 2 for your direct opponent.
    What a tagger he was though - Im sure Akermanis still wakes up sweating after bad dreams about being towelled up by Crouchy!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I don't. To me, he seems clearly to be next in line in terms of midfielders to get a crack in the 1sts, and as such the logical emergency for an away game. Either that, or there was an injury cloud over one of our midfielders we weren't aware of.
    The reason I suggest Crouch's comments are odd, is because he infers the Mitchell isn't at AFl fitness yet..ie not ready....yet he was an emergency...ie ready....??
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Regular in the Side
    The way Longmire was talking on Monday, he basically said Tom was ready and could not do more to stake a claim for a senior spot - it was just a match selection decision on when to pick him.

Regular in the Side
    And by Monday, I mean Tuesday ... Longmire's up again tomorrow which is interesting so guess we could know more then (or at least by 6.25pm!)

he probably would have been sub anyway
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

For all those saying that Bird did a great job on stopping Swan's influence on the game, I'm just watching the game again now and Bird has been played predominentaly half forward/midfield and we have just rotated our midfielders through Swan. Our entire midfield well beat Collingwood's hence the reason Swan had a poor game. Not because of a Bird tag. I like Bird as a player and think he adds quality to the midfield but I believe that he would have to be the one that would make way for Mitchell (but not for a couple of weeks). Lamb will obviously come out for either Mattner or Shaw and as will Everitt when both of them are ready.That leaves the interesting problem in the coming weeks for who comes out for LRT and finally Tippett. We know that Reid is out a couple but will be straight back in when ready and unfortunaltely Morton may have to go for one of those two. Will be interesting at selection after the bye if we don't get any more injuries, perhaps they pick players for certain match ups and have a rotation policy for a couple. You can't fit 23/24 into 22! I guess its a good problem to have though!

Senior Player
    The club has just announced that Mitchell will debut on Saturday!

That's brilliant! No doubt as sub, but still will be great to finally get a look at him

Is there a link ?

hi swansrob

i can find the media announcement ?

Mitchell on for a qtr would be excellent

I just think moving a couple ressie players that hadnt tasted senior football into the 22 the last few weeks, puts the team in great stead if injuries strike, but secondly we need to keep upping the anti and development of our emerging players and our regular lads in Seniors feel the pressure to perform.

Rampe has started to look comfortable and doing a pretty good job

Lamb looked comfortable and knows what to work on

Walsh had another taste

White also

Incy doing a great job
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast