Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Goodes

Pushing for Selection poundpuppy's Avatar
    I read that her grandmother went to the game with her not the mother and she said security told her she had to stay in her seat.
    Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
    And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!

www.paws.com.au

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by poundpuppy View Post
    I read that her grandmother went to the game with her not the mother and she said security told her she had to stay in her seat.
    Which is ridiculous.
    Given she was a a child. I would have insisted i went with her. Even if she was not a relative.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Silly isn't it - what's to stop her saying,"No, I've had enough. I'm leaving like the hundreds of others"?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Regular in the Side
    I was sitting 8 rows behind them and at the time I said to the person next to me that she is only young, 16 at the most, give her a warning and some education and that should be enough.
    I did think it was strange that an adult did not go with her as it was plain she is a minor but now I read that mcg security told her adult relative to stay in her seat.
    This treatment of a child is a more serious issue to me than the original issue. I hope this is looked into and is fixed.

I think it has been an extraordinary AFL Indigenous Round w/e. Fri night saw Adam Goodes play as well as he did in his Brownlow Medal years to absolutely dominate the match as best on ground. As we all know sadly this was followed by awful racist abuse which has unfortunately dominated reporting of the Swans' match ever since. The Hawks got a real scare from the GC Suns but Buddy Franklin was one of the Hawk stars that got them home in the second half. I watched the Essendon/Richmond match last night - the so-called Dreamtime Match and they had a really moving Aboriginal ceremony/celebration before the match. The best 'Welcome to Country' introduction I have ever seen. Also Richmond wore a beautiful guernsey with a black Aboriginal motif snaking down their usual yellow diagonal slash. And I just watched the Crows v Nth Melb match. Lindsay Thomas starred for North and North were up by 30 points half way through the last quarter only for the Crows to come storming home in an amazing finish to win by one point. And the Crows' player who kicked the winning goal in the last minute of the game? Jared Petrenko, an indigenous player.

Hard not to think this was a very special w/e for indigenous players.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I think it has been an extraordinary AFL Indigenous Round w/e. Fri night saw Adam Goodes play as well as he did in his Brownlow Medal years to absolutely dominate the match as best on ground. As we all know sadly this was followed by awful racist abuse which has unfortunately dominated reporting of the Swans' match ever since. The Hawks got a real scare from the GC Suns but Buddy Franklin was one of the Hawk stars that got them home in the second half. I watched the Essendon/Richmond match last night - the so-called Dreamtime Match and they had a really moving Aboriginal ceremony/celebration before the match. The best 'Welcome to Country' introduction I have ever seen. Also Richmond wore a beautiful guernsey with a black Aboriginal motif snaking down their usual yellow diagonal slash. And I just watched the Crows v Nth Melb match. Lindsay Thomas starred for North and North were up by 30 points half way through the last quarter only for the Crows to come storming home in an amazing finish to win by one point. And the Crows' player who kicked the winning goal in the last minute of the game? Jared Petrenko, an indigenous player.

Hard not to think this was a very special w/e for indigenous players.
    Yes. Besides a silly girl it was a great w/e of footy and the indigenous!!

Pushing for Selection poundpuppy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    This treatment of a child is a more serious issue to me than the original issue. I hope this is looked into and is fixed.
    The mother also claimed the girl was interviewed by police for over 2 hours but I would assume that was with an appropriate adult present. She is looking for an explanation now and I can't say I blame her ... seems a bit over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Which is ridiculous.
    Given she was a a child. I would have insisted i went with her. Even if she was not a relative.
    Grandmother said she she was so shocked at what was happening she didn't know what to do. And some older people can be a bit intimidated by authority figures and may not want to challenge them.
    Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
    And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!

www.paws.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Yes. Besides a silly girl it was a great w/e of footy and the indigenous!!
    And my Port Power supporting sister in Adelaide tells me that Chad Wingard was their best player in what was otherwise a rather sad loss.

And some people can be a bit intimidated by authority figures and may not want to challenge them.
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    And my Port Power supporting sister in Adelaide tells me that Chad Wingard was their best player in what was otherwise a rather sad loss.
    He's got superstar written all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I strongly suspect we may have all learned a lesson. I for one will be a bit more careful with the words I use to describe umpires.
    Agree Prim, it's only a matter of time before a group of maggots speak out about being constantly associated with umpires and who could blame them....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Agree Prim, it's only a matter of time before a group of maggots speak out about being constantly associated with umpires and who could blame them....
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast