Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitchell to debut

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Wow, I don't care who the opposition was, I can't remember any previous players for us getting those numbers, even Hanners. If he stays fit he will be a fantastic addition to our midfield.
    Still only 2nd best in the official results. Xavier must have had one hell of a game at fullback

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Still only 2nd best in the official results. Xavier must have had one hell of a game at fullback
    It's the Old Xaverians network paying off the record keepers; they'll do anything to further their cause.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Hang on we are talking NEAFL here. There have been some massive stats in the last couple of weeks.

Forgot about Sam.....hm.. have to move Drey down forward, Marty goes in up back, swap Chops for Tom Mitchell?

And a boom tish to you Stella
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    It's the Old Xaverians network paying off the record keepers; they'll do anything to further their cause.
    I feel a Dan Brown novel coming up here.

tommy is more suited for the SCG then Chops is my guess.........and it is difficult to go with Morton, Chops and Jetta on a small field
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Can we expect the Swans to receive a "please explain" from the AFL for breaching the embargo on announcing team news before the C7 nightly news?
    I believe clubs are allowed to make certain announcements beforehand - they just can't release the full selected side. From memory we've had certain other "leaks" on a Thursday before - Almost certain we knew about Rampe's debut and a couple others.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    ........and it is difficult to go with Morton, Chops and Jetta on a small field
    Huh? Why not?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Rogue

its just my humble opinion that a bloods style of football even works better on a small field and that is very much "in and under footy" and having players that fit this style of football

therefore I have always felt that if you play true to that style of footy which is the core of our football......then you cant have too many "outside players" in a group of 22

That is not to say that Lambie and Morton and Jetta are not improving in contested football - I just think from what I have seen of Tommy that he truly is made for contested football small field games ala the Bombers game this wknd at the SCG

I also think that the Swans are truly upping the anti amongst the playing group which is a fantastic environment for the Swans playing group right now but even more so coming towards the finals when experience counts
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Rogue

its just my humble opinion.. ..then you cant have too many "outside players" in a group of 22....
    I assume you mean midfielders here? If so, why included Morton? I can see your point of having too many striclty "outside midfielders" but seeing we have a few that can be both in and out (Hanners, Jack, Macca) surely two strictly outside midefielders isn't too many? But then again I don't think changing just one footballer should make a big difference to the team, (with a couple of obvious exceptions eg: Jetta circa 2012) as last week showed.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veteran Site Admin
    Not sure when Lamb became a "strictly outside midfielder". He plays predominantly on ball in the reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not sure when Lamb became a "strictly outside midfielder". He plays predominantly on ball in the reserves.
    I agree Liz. In the Twos Lamb plays the same sort of role as Joey does in the seniors and he does it really well so definitely not an outside player. He plays inside and out same as Joey and drifts forward to provide a target same as Joey. Me thinks he might have just modelled his game at Swans on...Joey????

Bugger! Almost forgot. Congratulations Tom Mitchell on your de`but good luck in the game. I just wonder how we are going to rearrange our forwardline with Sammy out? Birdie had a good one last week against Swan when he had him in the first half and played pretty well all game. In saying that Essendon are really quick. I was looking at Twos footage and Tom reminds me of a fast version of Diesel, good in the air, in close & outside, clever hands.
    Last edited by wolftone57; 30th May 2013 at 05:40 PM.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Sam was mostly on the wing last week. Perhaps a job Dre might handle fairly well.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast