Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesse White vs the Crows

Jesse White vs the Crows

As the last man in the cupboard it seems highly likely that J. White will be lining up against the Crows.

Consider the events surrounding the last time he was in Adelaide, I would expect to see a fired up man prepared to show all and sundry his wares lining up at FF.

He has shown some form in the forward line kicking 10 a couple of weeks ago and 5 in the final quarter yesterday after spending the rest of the day in the ruck.

If it pans out, this will in all likelihood be his last game of senior football in the red and white, with Tippett and Reid probably in for the following game and White seemingly behind every other big man in the team.

He must have the most motivation to perform then at any time in his career. With his contract out this year, I'm not sure if the Swans have a future plan for him, even as depth, or if he can show enough to get some outside interest....

I hope he kicks a bag, but I can't see him holding a spot under any circumstances.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

i still think we need to keep him unless we can achieve an awesome trade

we need Whites depth massively !

Goodes is on fire but can he get thru 2014 at 42 yrs of age.......I hope so

Mummy might not stay

LRT coming back after a serious injury and getting older

Ted and Grundy on fire but if one got injured while LRT was injured we are in trouble........Xavier and or Tommy Walsh not quite ready for his spot and Ted is getting older and may only have a year or two left
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I'm with you Bloody. If he is ever going to fire up , this has to be the game.

It would be poetic for him to kick a bag, against the club that said yes, then inexplicably said no....

Kick a bag Jesse.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I'm with you Bloody. If he is ever going to fire up , this has to be the game.

It would be poetic for him to kick a bag, against the club that said yes, then inexplicably said no....

Kick a bag Jesse.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Regular in the Side
    Go Jesse!!! - Perform well and get a good trade- we probably can't afford him next season with so may rising stars coming. Jetta and Mummy have not signed...

Warming the Bench
    forget jesse,he has had his chances.play membry for a game before the bye
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

membrey is exciting but i dont know if he is fit enough to go with an experienced Key defender all game in Snrs

i could be wrong but appears to struggle on pressure defence and leading all game
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    If he is ever going to fire up , this has to be the game.
    That's it in a nut shell. He may be able to stay on with the Swans as depth, but that's all he'll ever be. For those of us who ever held high hope for Jesse know there's an AFL player in there, a good showing will help him get to another club and hopefully another 100 games.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

I don't think height is all that essential to play a key forward role. There have been plenty of small forwards playing deep in the forward line. I can see Lamb doing a better job playing the kind of role that Sam Reid has been playing than Jesse White. I would play the best player not in the side last week, rather than the last tall man standing.

Jesse will almost certainly be gone after this year, unless we can't sign Mummy, so would prefer to get some valuable game time into our #1 pick from 3 years ago. He's done well enough in the ressies and as a sub to get the job.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I don't think height is all that essential to play a key forward role. There have been plenty of small forwards playing deep in the forward line. I can see Lamb doing a better job playing the kind of role that Sam Reid has been playing than Jesse White. I would play the best player not in the side last week, rather than the last tall man standing.

Jesse will almost certainly be gone after this year, unless we can't sign Mummy, so would prefer to get some valuable game time into our #1 pick from 3 years ago. He's done well enough in the ressies and as a sub to get the job.
    Gary Ablett snr was the same height as Mitch at 185 cm (but weighed an extra 15 kg at 97!). And I too would prefer Lamb; behind his smooth skill I think lurks hunger.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Gary Ablett snr was the same height as Mitch at 185 cm (but weighed an extra 15 kg at 97!). And I too would prefer Lamb; behind his smooth skill I think lurks hunger.
    But obviously not as hungry as GA
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

I don't think Jed has the body strength. I remember Johnson getting bumped off balls with ease once he got to mix it with the big boys. If you don't have height you need strength. If you don't have either you will not get very far over the course of a full match against quality defenders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast