Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 11 v Crows.

Quote Originally Posted by boroboy View Post
    Both coaches and players have recently made it clear that the best 22 get picked each week, irrespective of their positions.

If anyone on this board seriously thinks Jesse is in our best 22 then you need to have a long, hard think about your footy....
    You are right of course. Many of us still harbour romantic visions of White being the gun full forward we all hoped he would be 5 years ago.

*Reads Thread*

It's going to be a looooooog week
    -

I must say, I harbour no hope for White at the Swans...

Let's face it, his papers were stamped last year, he is still with us by default only.

But given this week we have no LRT, Reid, Walsh or Tippett...I reckon they will play him, Horse loves a tall forward line.

Personally I'd prefer us to play the next best player..probably Lamb...but it won't happen.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar

Will the last Swan KPP please stand up

The injury/unavailability toll on our KPP's is getting ridiculous, AJ, DirtyKurt, Walsh, LRT, Sammy.

Although I suspect we won't do so, if we did decide to replace Walsh with a tall, our choices are currently Lockyer, Membrey (both of whom have showed talent in the 2's) and dare I say it . . . . Jessie!

Speaking of underwhelming players, and in view of my disdain for his earlier efforts, I think in all fairness I should acknowledge how well 'Dre is doing as a 3rd tall defender. Well done!

As for this week, I suspect we'll go small, and bring back Lamb.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    We forget we have one very handy tall, mobile forward: name, Adam Goodes. A reasonable decoy for our other forwards. Just give him time, he might well be a champion footballer.

Senior Player
    (boroboy)
    Both coaches and players have recently made it clear that the best 22 get picked each week, irrespective of their positions.

If anyone on this board seriously thinks Jesse is in our best 22 then you need to have a long, hard think about your footy....

So what was Tommy Walsh doing in the team on Saturday night then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    We forget we have one very handy tall, mobile forward: name, Adam Goodes. A reasonable decoy for our other forwards. Just give him time, he might well be a champion footballer.
    A forward, albeit tall, fast, mobile & strong, who struggles with accuracy from a set shot. As a forward, he is a champion midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    [I]
    So what was Tommy Walsh doing in the team on Saturday night then?
    Ensuring that Jesse gets another chance, by outing himself for the rest of the season with that hammy injury

Get better Tommy
    Good luck Jesse

Walsh's season over as Swans' injuries grow - AFL.com.au

Shaw no chance this weekend, Marty no certainty according to this report.

Freo have been playing without any tall forwards. Chris Mayne, who's not much bigger than Morton was their FF. They pulled the plug on the 2nd ruckman at halftime vs. Adelaide. They won the game. I know the conditions suited Freo and smaller players, but I wouldn't mind seeing little guys running around Rutten, Talia and Otten.

Mummy looked good in the ruck last week and I suspect will do most of the ruckwork, leaving Pyke to play more of a forward role. We have Goodesy floating about and Morton can play taller than his actual height would suggest. Morton has done okay with taller opponents on him.

We did fine last week without another tall forward. I would bring in Lamb or Armstrong as the only change, probably as the sub. I wouldn't mind seeing Lamb get a start and have Jude as sub. We should try to get some more gametime into the next reserves players in the queue. You never know when you might need them.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We did fine last week without another tall forward. I would bring in Lamb or Armstrong as the only change, probably as the sub. I wouldn't mind seeing Lamb get a start and have Jude as sub. We should try to get some more gametime into the next reserves players in the queue. You never know when you might need them.
    I like this idea.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I think it will be Jesse in - unless the weather is dodgy in Adelaide. We looked good after Walsh went off on Saturday with an additional midfielder, but the conditions were very suited to it, as Essendon found to their detriment. If its a dry day in Adelaide, I'd be very surprised if we don't replace Walsh with another tall.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast