Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Big Whitey

You can't judge the performance of a tall on a surface like they played on yesterday. That was appalling.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Jesse's calm demeanor would be admired if he were a star player. Some just interpret his pleasant personality as not having enough ticker. I think he should be judged on his performance, not appearances. Many of his performances are not that great, but he shouldn't be judged too harshly on this game in wet conditions. We know he can get a little lost out there when things are moving too fast around him. Let's see how he goes the next time round.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Let's see how he goes the next time round.
    yep like we've been doing for the last 8 years......

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Well said. Anyone can type from anonymity ... I hope that when anyone offers criticism, before they press the submit button, they stop for a second and think (honestly think) would I say this directly to they player's face.
    Most of these guys are drafted with a chance to live their dream ... only it's just the beginning ... with no certainty of success. Many careers are short, even when the players are giving 100%.
    Your riding a bit high in the saddle there 0918....I won't go too far into the old chestnut debate, (which has been aired many times over on here)...but...

Even though I don't agree with Boroboys view of Jesse, I'm happy for him to post it. ( No one with the heart of a pea steps out on an AFL field)

These boards are about opinions, any opinion, without them this would be a dull lifeless place.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Jesse's calm demeanor would be admired if he were a star player. Some just interpret his pleasant personality as not having enough ticker. I think he should be judged on his performance, not appearances. Many of his performances are not that great, but he shouldn't be judged too harshly on this game in wet conditions. We know he can get a little lost out there when things are moving too fast around him. Let's see how he goes the next time round.
    But he's clearly not a star player-he's not even a consistently reliable player.

And I do judge him on his performances-the vast majority of which are dreadful.

He can 'get a little lost out there'? Seriously-didn't realize we were pampering to a child.

And 'let's see how he goes next time around'? It's like listening to a stuck record with the Jesse fan club-how many chances does he deserve exactly?

No offence intended to your defence of him-I just find it baffling how anyone can continue to defend this guy.
    Regards,

Boro Boy

Quote Originally Posted by boroboy View Post
    But he's clearly not a star player-he's not even a consistently reliable player.

He can 'get a little lost out there'? Seriously-didn't realize we were pampering to a child.

And 'let's see how he goes next time around'? It's like listening to a stuck record with the Jesse fan club-how many chances does he deserve exactly?

No offence intended to your defence of him-I just find it baffling how anyone can continue to defend this guy.
    He's had a reasonable game when we were crushed by Hawthorn. He played very well against Adelaide followed by a quiet game in conditions that didn't suit tall forwards. I don't think that justifies a crucification. I think it's quite reasonable to give him another go, especially considering that Mummy is out with injury and out of contract this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Your riding a bit high in the saddle there 0918....I won't go too far into the old chestnut debate, (which has been aired many times over on here)...but...

Even though I don't agree with Boroboys view of Jesse, I'm happy for him to post it. ( No one with the heart of a pea steps out on an AFL field)

These boards are about opinions, any opinion, without them this would be a dull lifeless place.
    Not saying people shouldn't post opinions ... just saying that before going to town on someone, consider it might be hurtful to them of their friends or family. Some stuff can be really harsh immediately after the heat of a battle lost. My 2c worth

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Not saying people shouldn't post opinions ... just saying that before going to town on someone, consider it might be hurtful to them of their friends or family. Some stuff can be really harsh immediately after the heat of a battle lost. My 2c worth
    The guys a professional footballer who's been at our club for a bloody long time. He earns 300k a year doing what he does. Do you think we get value for money? I hope he reads all the crap written about him and i hope it hurts enough to make him improve because in my opinion he's ripping us off. Just my 300k worth.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    The guys a professional footballer who's been at our club for a bloody long time. He earns 300k a year doing what he does. Do you think we get value for money? I hope he reads all the crap written about him and i hope it hurts enough to make him improve because in my opinion he's ripping us off. Just my 300k worth.
    The reality is whether he was in or out on the weekend , it wouldnt have changed the result. Terrible conditions to judge the game of a big man like White.

There are a few others that conditions shouldnt have affected as much that should be hanging there heads before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    The reality is whether he was in or out on the weekend , it wouldnt have changed the result. Terrible conditions to judge the game of a big man like White.

There are a few others that conditions shouldnt have affected as much that should be hanging there heads before him.
    +1
    starting with the entire midfield and defence.

bar keiran.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by boroboy View Post

Boroboy -

1. Who should replace White on Friday against Carlton? and
    2. Who should play his role permanently if Mummy walks?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Boroboy -

1. Who should replace White on Friday against Carlton? and
    2. Who should play his role permanently if Mummy walks?
    1. Reid if he's fit
    2. Tippett.

and I reckon the chance of Mummy going is very unlikely.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast