Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Roos to Coach Demons in 2014

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar

Paul Roos to Coach Demons in 2014

I can't believe that I have a look in at RWO this morning and there is no reference or discussion started. A slow week?

There are a number of pointers to this happening.

The On the Couch third member has long been a coach in waiting, even back to the old Monday's Experts format.

Mark Neeld and Paul Roos. Just the names give the secret away.

P is 4 letters in the alphabet after M if you count M as the first letter. Both men have 4 letters in their first name.

R is 5 letters after N. Neeld has 5 letters in his surname and all you have to do is add a "D" to Roos and we have the same situation. The "D" obviously standing for Demons.

Roos has sold his Sydney house.

The Demons need to hop up the ladder and Roos as coach would be the obvious coach to help with the hop.

If the DEmons win the Grand Final under his coaching he can always borrow someone elses kiddies to run out or may even have a few grand kids of his own by then.

The Swans Academy can survive without Roos now as Jude will take over next year. Didn't Jude and Bucky team up with a clothes designer label. OK, it wasn't that successful but that was clothing.

I think it would be a great choice for the long term BBQ existence of the Melbourne members before games.

Finally, I need to stop procrastinating and get on with what I was meant to be doing.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Another pearler Billy Ray, love your work

Anything that gets Roos away from commentating would be an improvement

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Anything that gets Roos away from commentating would be an improvement
    +1

Good luck to him. They need to be competitive for the greater good of the comp.

I doubt very much Roos would take the Demons on, I reckon he's way too smart for that.

If he coaches again my tip would be the Brisbane Lions, which is a perfect fit in lots of ways.

And they will absolutely be looking for a new head coach in 2014, if not sooner.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I doubt very much Roos would take the Demons on, I reckon he's way too smart for that.

If he coaches again my tip would be the Brisbane Lions, which is a perfect fit in lots of ways.
    Nah, he'll get Lions "flashbacks".

Who would have thought that we would have been grateful to the Dockers and now possibly the Demons.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Vincere Aut Mori
    East Melbourne, a 'barrel' from where premierships are won
    Paul Roos wont coach Melbourne in 2014, he essentially said as much in a clip from, I think, Fox Foody shown on Foody Classified last evening. However, another of our former coaches, Rodney Eade may be a contender.
    Supporting the club formerly known as South Melbourne ?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Blood View Post
    Paul Roos wont coach Melbourne in 2014, he essentially said as much in a clip from, I think, Fox Foody shown on Foody Classified last evening. However, another of our former coaches, Rodney Eade may be a contender.
    Haven't watched for a few weeks but the last time it was asked of him, he said (paraphrased) "No chance. I am enjoying what I am doing and have lost the coaches' mindset."

However, I can't help think of all the denials that Hird made from the same OTC chair. Money talks.

That said, I would be greatly surprised if he took the job.

I have speculated before about a Dream Team lining up of Colless and Roos. Wouldn't the AFL love that.

Senior Player
    OTC last night, he said he was open to a call from them, but was the opposite of Eade who said he had a burning desire to coach again. Make of that what you will

Pushing for Selection
    According to the "Herald Sun" Melbourne is offering Roos in excess of one Million dollars a season to coach them. It would be very tempting for him to change his mind about coaching. Can't say I would blame him if he did. Melbourne want to be in the finals within 3 years. Could Roos do it ?????

I may be an old fuddy-duddy, but I will NEVER get over how many times James Hird sat on that couch and blatantly LIED about coaching. I may be deluded, but I expect Roos to be more honest.

How old are the Roos boys? Surely he wouldn't move them in their final years?

I've also heard Paul's name connected with Brisbane's coaching role alongside some familiar Swan's faces as his assistants. Are Demon's dollars enough to sway the heart of a Fitzroy Lion?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast