Thread: Good News For Swans Recruit Lloyd Perris

Good News For Swans Recruit Lloyd Perris

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-0...ademy-to-split

Lloyd Perris, one of our academy boys has shared the most prestigious AIS awards that you can get the Ben Mitchell Medal. The guy he shared it with is Josh Kelly who will go very close to the top at this years draft. A review about Perris from a NSW U/18 game a couple weeks ago.
    "Perris continued to impress today with 26 disposals, 8 marks, 4 clearances and 1 goal. Has an elite endurance and uses the ball really well. He is tough, a hard worker and has a team approach to each and every game. Reads the play really well, and is able to cover a lot of the ground."

Looks like we could be picking up a winner

The game commentators were talking about the Sydney midfielder factory after seeing Mitchell, Lamb and BJ look so much at home in the seniors. They don't realise that there's still Cunningham, Jake Lloyd and now Perris getting ready to roll off the assembly line. I'm certain Perris would have been a top 30 pick and perhaps even a first rounder. Now we can focus on KPPs in the National Draft. Our midfield looks set for a decade. Perris sounds a bit like a Hanners Mark II.

well, that's one less pick to worry about at the draft. do we have to take him as early as possible like we do with father-son? or can we just pick him at the end cos he is a swans scholarship holder and the club can automatically get him? i'm guessing its the former

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonS View Post
    well, that's one less pick to worry about at the draft. do we have to take him as early as possible like we do with father-son? or can we just pick him at the end cos he is a swans scholarship holder and the club can automatically get him? i'm guessing its the former
    Inclusion onto an AFL List

> If the scholarship listed player is of eligible draft age, a club may apply to transfer the player from the scholarship list to the main list on the day the main list is lodged (off-season) with the AFL prior to the National Draft (normal list numbers must be maintained).
    > If the scholarship listed player is of eligible draft age, a club may apply to transfer the player from the scholarship list to the rookie list on the day the main list is lodged (off-season) with the AFL prior to the National Draft and the player consents (i.e. if the player believes he will be taken in the National Draft by another club he may choose to forgo being rookie listed).
    > If the scholarship player is not chosen to be listed on either the main or rookie list, he may nominate for the National Draft at the expiration of his contract ? if the player nominates himself and is not selected his club may include him on their rookie list prior to the Rookie draft
    Last edited by goswannie14; 6th July 2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Fixed quote

ah, i see now. thanks for that mate

This week has also been given the NSW/ACT MVP and named in the Under-18s All Australian side on the bench! Glad to have access to the kid.

Next question is whether we throw him straight onto the senior list, or the rookie list? On moral grounds, he's definitely too good to be rookied. But it allows us an extra quality player if we do, so the option needs to be looked at.
    Bring Back Jamie Lawson.

Veterans List
    Still not absolutely certain if he has to go through a bidding process or if he is the very last of the Scholarship players and can therefore just be listed as our last ND pick.

If he is subject to bidding then we could well be made to burn our first rounder on him but more likely our second rounder.

Whilst on the subject of the ND, the first round is missing the Adelaide Cows selection (Tippett penalty) but has two additional selections mid round, one is GWS and one is GCS I think. That means the Premiers will have pick 19. The further down from the Premiers we are, the less likely we'll have to use our first rounder on Perris, that is if we can't auto select him.

Unless the rules have changed, it's the last pick of the draft you use. As per Collingwood with Jarrod Witts (2011) and Tom Young (2010) onto the senior list via the national draft, or a multitude of clubs via the rookie draft.

Another complication re: our first pick is the chances of teams being given first round compensation selections for free agency losses - i.e. the ones that come immediately after picks, rather than at the end of the round. But this will all come out in the wash.
    Bring Back Jamie Lawson.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Still not absolutely certain if he has to go through a bidding process or if he is the very last of the Scholarship players and can therefore just be listed as our last ND pick.

If he is subject to bidding then we could well be made to burn our first rounder on him but more likely our second rounder.

Whilst on the subject of the ND, the first round is missing the Adelaide Cows selection (Tippett penalty) but has two additional selections mid round, one is GWS and one is GCS I think. That means the Premiers will have pick 19. The further down from the Premiers we are, the less likely we'll have to use our first rounder on Perris, that is if we can't auto select him.
    Likely to be last pick of ND....if not rookied.