Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaw, Rampe, Smith

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    ...he was our general in the back line in 2012 !...
    Really, I see Teddy as being that player, the one that organises our back six.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Really, I see Teddy as being that player, the one that organises our back six.
    No actually Macca went back and organised the backs. There was a time earlier this year when there did not seem to be a lot of coordination back there but Macca went back and took control and then it all gelled.

I'm not convinced Rampe, Lamb and B Jack don't need a spell in one of the easier games. Aweek off to freshen up before the finals. It's not like they are battle hardened veterans. I also think the Rooster could be put in as the sub for teh last few games or the finals
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I'm not convinced Rampe, Lamb and B Jack don't need a spell in one of the easier games. Aweek off to freshen up before the finals. It's not like they are battle hardened veterans. I also think the Rooster could be put in as the sub for teh last few games or the finals
    I'd like to see that!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    great idea
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

The New Nick Smith

Has anyone noticed that Nick has become a more offensive player in recent games?

Until this year Nick was the 'kid' in the back line. Now as confidence is growing in the abilities of Rampe and Dre to handle their defensive coverage, Smooch has been taking some liberties by going forward more. He's turning up in the midfield more often and last game kicked a goal.

Smith is not only a good defender, but a very good player all around. He makes good decisions and is a very good kick. I think we will see him participating more in our offensive forays as the season progresses. Add another weapon the Swans' bow.

- - - Updated - - -

Forget where Rampe came from. He's a very good player. Full stop. I can't see any reason to drop him, no matter who is ready to come back.

There have been a number of new players that have come from relative obscurity to become first rate players in their first years: Michael Hibert of Essendon, Lee Spur of Freo and Mullet of NM to name a few.

Veterans List
    Rampe was very good again yesterday. Doesn't look like someone who needs a spell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12