Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we beat Richmond?

Of course we can. The question isn't "can we" but "will we". Anyone can beat anyone, it's just that the likelihood of that happening changes depending on the two teams in question.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Reading the pre-match item by Stuey Dew on the club site shows that the players and coaches are well aware of the disgraceful performance they put on last time and are determined not to repeat their errors. If that translates into being switched on from the start (seems to be an issue of ours) and applying high pressure from the off, we have every chance of finishing in front.
    But it is still a danger match.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I just cant see lake and gibson wokjing in a final. The both play loose and I think a good team can isolate them, and expose them for pace. Having jetta or rohan in would help

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I just cant see lake and gibson wokjing in a final. The both play loose and I think a good team can isolate them, and expose them for pace. Having jetta or rohan in would help
    The problem Hawks are going to have is against three Talls when the opposition mids are getting the ball in constantly. Essendon did it on occasions last night but their forwards just don't work hard enough. Ours do and so do our mids & backs!!!

We have to win Swanies to get the second spot!!!
    Last edited by wolftone57; 27th July 2013 at 11:48 PM.

If we play every week like we did against the Eagles we'll play in the grand final.

Our biggest problem could well be the return of senior players lacking form and match practice.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    If we play every week like we did against the Eagles we'll play in the grand final.

Our biggest problem could well be the return of senior players lacking form and match practice.
    Last year the eagles game was our best performance in the h & a series. That then followed some ordinary perfomances until we reached Sept where they turned into machines.
    Lets hope we don't drop our guard.

Ps. I've just backed us to win by over 39.5

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Last year the eagles game was our best performance in the h & a series. That then followed some ordinary perfomances until we reached Sept where they turned into machines.
    Lets hope we don't drop our guard.

Ps. I've just backed us to win by over 39.5
    Swans were very good against the Eagles last year, but against a very weakened team. This year's Eagles team was missing a few very good players too, but not to quite the same extent. And we were weaker, personnel wise, than a year ago. So I rate this year's win over there as even better.

That said, it's one thing to play well in July against teams outside the top 8. It's another to beat Hawthorn, Geelong and Collingwood when it counts. Last year the team kept improving throughout the year, and it needs to do the same again this year. The forward line, in particular, is still a work in progress but it clearly is making that progress as Tippett and the team get more familiar with each other and Pyke continues to improve as a key forward target.

any team can beat any team on their day

yet we are rarely leaving the gate open at the moment

we have 22 players every week right now that just know how to apply an incredible amount of pressure and counter attack
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12