Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Academy players nominate for draft

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    If these kids are good enough to go in the regular draft we won't get a chance to rookie them.
    All rookie listed players are overlooked in the draft.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    All rookie listed players are overlooked in the draft.
    Not strictly correct. Under some circumstances players can be put directly onto a rookie list without ever being available through the rookie draft. International and NSW scholarship players (soon to be defunct) are the main categories. Indeed, the only ones I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not strictly correct. Under some circumstances players can be put directly onto a rookie list without ever being available through the rookie draft. International and NSW scholarship players (soon to be defunct) are the main categories. Indeed, the only ones I can think of.
    Also players who have not been registered as a player at any Aussie Rules club for 3 years can be directly rookie listed.....don't Collingwood have a Queensland basketballer that they did that with?

Almost certain there was a thread about Perris being a scholarship holder and eligible for the Swans but ONLY if we took him in the ND.....Swans, GWS, Lions and GC can all do this with ONE player per year.....possibly subject to bidding system like father-son.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually amazing what google can do

"Not many eighteen year olds have the resume that St George?s Lloyd Perris does. Perris is an AIS/AFL Academy member, winner of the Cameron Ling and Ben Mitchell medals, an All Australian team member and NSW/ACT MVP. There is a reason why he is being touted as the steal of the draft, as the Sydney Swans can pick him up with their last draft pick as he is a Swans scholarship holder. He has all of the qualities you want from a midfielder and the Swans can take him at the end of the draft. That sounds like a steal to me."

From http://boundforglorynews.com/2013-draft-profile-lloyd-perris/
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    Almost certain there was a thread about Perris being a scholarship holder and eligible for the Swans but ONLY if we took him in the ND.....Swans, GWS, Lions and GC can all do this with ONE player per year.....possibly subject to bidding system like father-son.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually amazing what google can do

"Not many eighteen year olds have the resume that St George?s Lloyd Perris does. Perris is an AIS/AFL Academy member, winner of the Cameron Ling and Ben Mitchell medals, an All Australian team member and NSW/ACT MVP. There is a reason why he is being touted as the steal of the draft, as the Sydney Swans can pick him up with their last draft pick as he is a Swans scholarship holder. He has all of the qualities you want from a midfielder and the Swans can take him at the end of the draft. That sounds like a steal to me."

From 2013 Draft Profile: Lloyd Perris ? Bound for Glory News
    As a scholarship player, the club could put Perris straight onto the rookie list but he has to agree to this. I think it is likely they will put him straight onto the senior list, as they did with Bird all those years ago.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    Also players who have not been registered as a player at any Aussie Rules club for 3 years can be directly rookie listed.....don't Collingwood have a Queensland basketballer that they did that with?
    Yes, he'll probably be playing on Tippett tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12