Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Semi Final 2: Sydney Swans Reserves v Belconnen Magpies

Should I be expecting a cheque in the mail???
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

With the week off for the Ressies, can we expect a simulated match practice this weekend to include Goodes LRT and maybe more exercise for Jetta (assuming he is a sub V Hawthorn)?.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Stats are up http://neafl.com.au/fileadmin/user_u...s_Week_Two.pdf

Best
    • Jed Lamb - 18 kicks 6 handballs 10 marks 8 tackles 3 clearances 3 inside50s 5 rebound50s 2 goals 1 behind
    • Jake Lloyd - 18 kicks 10 handballs 9 marks 5 tackles 8 clearances 5 inside50s 1 rebound50 1 goal
    • Daniel Robinson - 10 kicks 18 handballs 4 marks 4 tackles 2 clearances 3 inside50s
    • Tim Membrey - 20 kicks 3 handballs 13 marks 4 inside50s 7 goals 1 behind
    • Tony Armstrong - 14 kicks 7 handballs 5 marks 2 tackles 5 inside50s 2 rebound50s
    • Lloyd Perris - 15 kicks 9 handballs 8 marks 1 tackle 2 inside50s 2 rebound50s 2 goals

Others:
    • Dean Towers - 13 kicks 7 handballs 10 marks 1 tackle 1 hitout 4 clearances 6 inside50s 1 rebound50 2 goals
    • Lewis Jetta - 9 kicks 5 handballs 3 marks 1 clearance 3 inside50s 1 goal
    • Xavier Richards - 7 kicks 6 handballs 5 marks 1 clearance 3 rebound50s

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Belconnen playing Ainslie at 2pm this afternoon for the other spot in the NEAFL grand final next Sunday. Of course, the reserves have already qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    Belconnen playing Ainslie at 2pm this afternoon for the other spot in the NEAFL grand final next Sunday. Of course, the reserves have already qualified.
    Very happy the grand final is on Sunday, means I can go along and go to the Seniors in Sydney. I had assumed it would be on Saturday.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Why does the NEAFL Eastern conference GF have to be played in Canberra. As a Sydneysider I think this is totally wrong. If Swans are the team going directly into the final it should be played in Sydney not Canberra. It is very difficult to go to Canberra to watch your footy team if you don't drive. I would love to be there and cheer my team on but this gives the Canberra sides a huge advantage and no wonder they always win.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Why does the NEAFL Eastern conference GF have to be played in Canberra. As a Sydneysider I think this is totally wrong. If Swans are the team going directly into the final it should be played in Sydney not Canberra. It is very difficult to go to Canberra to watch your footy team if you don't drive. I would love to be there and cheer my team on but this gives the Canberra sides a huge advantage and no wonder they always win.
    This will be the final year where this happens, you'd think. Next year, the eastern conference (ie the Canberra league with a few teams tacked on) ceases to be and the NEAFL becomes a single league.

You do wonder whether the Giants were playing the Swans it would still be played in Canberra.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    This will be the final year where this happens, you'd think. Next year, the eastern conference (ie the Canberra league with a few teams tacked on) ceases to be and the NEAFL becomes a single league.

You do wonder whether the Giants were playing the Swans it would still be played in Canberra.
    Yes it would have been. The Grand final btw is being played at Kippax which is Belconnen's home ground and not Manuka. So a double whammy

And to top it off since the Eastern Conference hosted the final last year, if the reserves win they will travel North for the ultimate decider

Veteran Site Admin
    Surprised it's been moved from Manuka. I enjoy my trips down there, taking in the cafes in the village. I've been to Queanbeyan, Tuggeranong and Ainlees' home grounds but never Belconnen's. Where is it?

According to the NEAFL site the address is

Hardwicke Cresant
    Holt

I think that's meant to say Hardwick Crescent

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Surprised it's been moved from Manuka. I enjoy my trips down there, taking in the cafes in the village. I've been to Queanbeyan, Tuggeranong and Ainlees' home grounds but never Belconnen's. Where is it?
    Will you be heading down this weekend Liz? Will be my first trip to Canberra for footy, am quite excited!

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    According to the NEAFL site the address is

Hardwicke Cresant
    Holt

I think that's meant to say Hardwick Crescent
    Sounds like it should be in Fyshwick...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast