Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dogs Cut Vez

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    What's the point of having blokes like Ollie Wines, jack Viney etc wasting away in the VFL when they are clearly ready for senior AFL level because a minority like Vezpremi aren't mature enough to put their head down and work hard
    A minority play regularly before they are 20.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Not liking the potshots being taken at Vez here. If you read the updated version of Emma Quayle's book, there are some insights into some of the different training setups that he had been using to attempt to improve his fitness. Sometimes just having the desire alone isn't enough, there are physical aspects that come into play such as genetics.

Why does a player like Jarred Moore who seemed to have similar issues to Vez escape criticism for his perceived lack of fitness?

Goes up to 11
    I thought the knock on Jarred Moore was based on his pace, or lack thereof, not his fitness. He was a pretty good player but supposedly not quick enough. Seeing him leave was a shame but thems the breaks....

Do I recall Vespa having some sort of breathing difficulties like asthma or something? Or was he just often out of breath due to this lack of fitness?

Jono is right here....

These are 2 different situations.

Moore's problem, was a total lack of pace.

Vezpremi 's problem was lack of fitness , he suffered asthma which certainly wouldn't of helped.

My problem with Vezpremi was his....it's all about me approach. He came across as being a bit full of himself.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    A minority play regularly before they are 20.
    That may be so, but even if you exclude the GWS selections, 15 of the top 30 2012 draftees made their debut this season. Those numbers don't support the need to raise the draft age.

Had he been able to, Melbourne's mini draft selection Jesse Martin would also have made his debut this year.

I'm interested to hear what age you think it should be raised to and what you think draftees should be doing with themselves after high school while they wait to be drafted?

I think there is a significant risk that a number of them would drop out of the system without having the support of an AFL club and incentive of being on an AFL list

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234