Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Roos officially announced as Melbourne Demons

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    The hell was the club thinking?
    I must admit, if the club had stood in his way from taking up this opportunity so they could keep him running the Academy I would have found it pretty dissapointing.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    He mentioned that he had spoken to Andrew Ireland and his contract with the Swans had finished. He said that was pivotal in him coming to his final decision regarding Melbourne.
    Interesting. Still, if he'd already decided not to coach at the Academy next year, which is my understanding, his ties with us were probably going to loosen anyway. Still a shame but I wish him well. I hope the next Academy head coach is a good one!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I must admit, if the club had stood in his way from taking up this opportunity so they could keep him running the Academy I would have found it pretty dissapointing.
    Well if he had wanted to go and we had blocked him then I would have thought it was pretty ordinary, but I thought he quit simply because we didn't renew his contract? If he left on his own free will, I guess it lightens the blow.

Mumford & Lamb for Pick 2 would be a nice parting gift

I have nothing but respect for the guy. He's taken on a basket case with an obvious focus on sorting them out. I wish him luck and success. I have always had a soft spot for the dees.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Goes up to 11
    Good on him for taking on a monumental challenge. Won't be easy and he'll very much be in the spotlight down there.

And I hope he invests the seventy squillion dollars he'll get paid wisely....

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    I don't know, it makes me a bit sick seeing him with Melbourne colours. I'm attached, I can't help it.
    I'm sure there are many Syndey supporters (and probably many more former FITZROY supporters) who share your feelings.
    A players'/coach's lifetime devotion to & involvement with a single club is a rare case indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    We'd probably take Scharenberg. A good prospect, but certainly not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    This, or perhaps just Mummy for the priority pick ( They are presently trying to secure).

As I said on the other thread, I'm more concerned about him plundering our coaching ranks looking for his eventual successor.

On his relatively short contract...That would work in nicely with his previously mentioned ambition to move to America when his kids had finished school.

Maybe that was Tammy's condition on moving to our Mexican capital.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

He was our premiership coach.
    he had a big hand in allowing us to become what we are now.
    Then he decided not to coach any more.
    Longmire took over, and became a premiership coach as well.

My memories of what Roos did will last, and won't be tainted by what he decides to do in the future.
    Same with Hall. He's come out and been pissed with the Swans and it didn't affect me - a bit sad for him though that his memories obviously were tainted.

I would dare say that Roos wasn't the commentator he had hoped to be.
    He is smart enough, he is well spoken enough, but he lacked charisma.

He obviously likes a challenge, and would be hoping to be seen as the 'coach of the century' if he's able to make the Demons a powerhouse and secure their future.
    Enter the messiah....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    I have nothing but respect for the guy. He's taken on a basket case with an obvious focus on sorting them out. I wish him luck and success. I have always had a soft spot for the dees.
    Yer I'm with you Legs. I look at it as returning the favour of Barrassi coming to our rescue all those years ago.
    I'm sure he will always be a Swan at heart much like Barrassi has always been a Demon at heart.

OOps - double post
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast