Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruitment Prospects for Upcoming Drafts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Luke Delaney from North Melb looks a good key def prospect out of contract wants more opportunities I think he is the exact type of player we have missed this year.

Cheers

waz
    I thought he looked a solid defender, but do you think he offers any more than Grundy does? If we got another defender, I was hoping it would be someone a notch above, perhaps a bit more speed or disposal skills. Someone like Ben Reid comes to mind (who is a free agent end of next season BTW).

we have a stack of smalls that can be shaped in HBFs in my opinion if we need more speed flying off our HBF's in 2014........so i wont be looking so much for that type of player in recruitment but I would be after another midfield trade like a Kennedy to replace Bolton / Rok very soon

I dont rate Heath that much at all.............I dont think that Rhys's brother kicks the ball any better then Rampe

my guess is that we will see Rampe given the opportunity to play more of an attacking HBF role in 2014 when AJ comes back and takes Rampes man on man 3rd defender type role

The Shaws - Heath or Rhys for example they were very ordinary with their delivery from the HBF type run and kick role in their early years........Rampe I has serious kick and he is certainly quick..............Rhys has only got his passing better the last couple of seasons in my opinion
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I've got my eye on Heath Shaw. I'm hoping he never comes near Sydney.

We're well-served for mid-career running half-backs, so I don't think there's anything in the stories linking him to us. But I remain vigilant.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post

We're well-served for mid-career running half-backs, so I don't think there's anything in the stories linking him to us. But I remain vigilant.
    I'm with you SOH!

Hopefully our club won't be seduced by the success of brother Rhys.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    He is a very good footballer, though he would be a challenge for our "culture".

Goes up to 11
    Is linking Heath Shaw to us any more than the press saying "oh he has a brother at the Swans so he'll go there"???

On the Rookie List
    I heard this Heath Shaw thing too. It is hilarious looking at the Big Footy thread and reading about the players that Collingwood fans would trade for: Sam Reid, Mitchell, Parker, Jetta, Nick Smith + picks. Some of them are actually serious.

Do not want Heath Shaw AT ALL. Wouldn't take him if he was free and doing work experience with the Swans.

Like others, don't want to know about Heath Shaw.....but....

What about we trade a pick to the Wobbles for Heath Shaw.

The on-trade Shaw and Mummy to GWS, for pick 1.....

We end up with Boyd.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Like others, don't want to know about Heath Shaw.....but....

What about we trade a pick to the Wobbles for Heath Shaw.

The on-trade Shaw and Mummy to GWS, for pick 1.....

We end up with Boyd.
    I would temporarily move to Melbourne to soak up the media reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    I would temporarily move to Melbourne to soak up the media reaction.
    We could run down the Tippett thread over the summer.

Ernie, Genius!! Doesn't matter how you get there, it's where you end up that counts. You should have a job in the recruiting dept. I would love to see Boyd and Tippett in our FWD line and allow Sam Reid to play CHB.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    He is a very good footballer, though he would be a challenge for our "culture".
    Agree totally. I seriously doubt the credibility of anybody who thinks Heath Shaw the footballer wouldn't make our side stronger.

It appears that Heath Shaw the person is a different story tho. That said, I'm sure our club will do due diligence and if he comes to Sydney after they have weighed up all the pros and cons, I will be very excited by his arrival. Don't underestimate how much influence the Rhys factor would have in getting his head around the Sydney way of going about things...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast