Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruitment Prospects for Upcoming Drafts

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Agreed - I'm sure young Heath isn't on his own with this in the AFL and like him or not, he's had a pretty darn good career to date regardless of whatever issues hes faced.
    Yep and lets all remember the reaction to Rhyce becoming a Swan, much teeth gnashing and hair pulling, only virtually from the minute he walked through the door to be one of, if not the most popular people at the club. So maybe we should give little brother a break and just wait and see what happens.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Yep and lets all remember the reaction to Rhyce becoming a Swan, much teeth gnashing and hair pulling, only virtually from the minute he walked through the door to be one of, if not the most popular people at the club. So maybe we should give little brother a break and just wait and see what happens.
    The difference was, though, that Rhyce was out of contract and we got him for close to nothing. Heath is under contract and, even if Collingwood are the ones initiating the trading, they will be hoping to get something valuable at the trade table. I suspect the issue is less what he brings to the club (given football wise he is clearly very talented, even if there is other baggage) and more what we might land up giving up.

cant agree more.

I dont want to pay overs for him - and swapping sam reid for heath shaw is paying overs - but I for one would welcome a bloke to the club if he wants to play for us, be a role model and plays at the standard of his past four years - which is on the cusp of all australian. he is a darned good player and something fair for a bloke with 3-4 years to go im sure could be arranged.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The difference was, though, that Rhyce was out of contract and we got him for close to nothing. Heath is under contract and, even if Collingwood are the ones initiating the trading, they will be hoping to get something valuable at the trade table. I suspect the issue is less what he brings to the club (given football wise he is clearly very talented, even if there is other baggage) and more what we might land up giving up.
    I understand what you say Liz but my post was aimed more at the personal attacks, what we end up by giving for him is a completely different matter but having said that, I trust the club to make the right decision.

Does anybody seriously think we are giving them Sam Reid for him??

As I said before, he is a fine footballer and I trust that if he is in red and white next year that our club has done due diligence...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Does anybody seriously think we are giving them Sam Reid for him??

As I said before, he is a fine footballer and I trust that if he is in red and white next year that our club has done due diligence...
    Losing Sam would be such a big mistake! I know he's not exactly dominating right now, but I think he'll come good in time.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Losing Sam would be such a big mistake! I know he's not exactly dominating right now, but I think he'll come good in time.
    We just put him on a 5 year contract. I think they can suggest what they like on Big Footy. The Swans will not give up a player unless he doesn't suit their need or needs to go home to Melbourne. I mean the City and not the Club.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

There is no chance we would trade Sam Reid for Shaw he is contracted and there are few players in the competion we would even consider trading him for.

Quote Originally Posted by mark121 View Post
    There is no chance we would trade Sam Reid for Shaw he is contracted and there are few players in the competion we would even consider trading him for.
    Yet nearly everyone here would play Jesse ahead of him. Interesting.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Yet nearly everyone here would play Jesse ahead of him. Interesting.
    Would they? If Reid were available on the injury comeback, I wouldn't be playing him now ahead Jesse. But from next year, if both were fit, I would pick Reid ahead of White with no hesitation.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Would they? If Reid were available on the injury comeback, I wouldn't be playing him now ahead Jesse. But from next year, if both were fit, I would pick Reid ahead of White with no hesitation.
    A fit Reid would always be higher in our 22 than a fit White...always.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    A fit Reid would always be higher in our 22 than a fit White...always.
    It's strange, since White's production has been better than Reid's this year. It's difficult to compare them because they've only played one game together, the 1st Hawthorne loss, where White played better, but it was a game we all want to forget.

I think it's psychological in that we judge White harshly because of all the disappointment we've had over the years. Based on latest form I'd say it was a tossup.

Personally, I would like to see both in the team. I think White is better offensively and Reid defensively.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast