Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Grand Final: Sydney Swans Reserves v Belconnen Magpies

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not to mention a full quotient of senior emergencies likely to be taken over to Perth.
    Yep, reckon they will take plenty of back ups to Perth, just in case....... We'll get torched in Quensland.

NEAFL title special for Rohan and LRT

Having recovered from an horrific broken leg, Gary Rohan didn?t care his first ever premiership was in the NEAFL eastern conference and not the AFL as he now plays like ??every game?s my last??.
    And his Sydney Swans teammate Lewis Roberts-Thomson rated his NEAFL flag alongside his two AFL ones and declared his knee was fully recovered and he was ready to return for the AFL preliminary final against Fremantle in Perth next week.

Read more: NEAFL title special for Rohan and LRT

I thought that LRT did really well yesterday - for a guy that has not played any football for most of the season, he really did do a decent job. If he pulls up ok, I'd have no problem seeing him back in the seniors if Tippett is out.

And thanks Ugg for your wonderful reserves reporting - I must make myself more proactive and ensure I get to more ressies games next year!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Some great photos here

http://t.co/7bEvdD5WYL

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Yep he was there as was Andrew Ireland
    Did you happen to see who the player with Goodes was? I thought it might have been Morton.

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Did you happen to see who the player with Goodes was? I thought it might have been Morton.
    I didn't see Morton but of course that doesn't mean he wasn't there. Was he wearing thick black glasses? If so that was Morton.

I did see Harry Marsh

I didn't see Morton but of course that doesn't mean he wasn't there. Was he wearing thick black glasses? If so that was Morton.

I did see Harry Marsh
    Could very well be Mitch, my daughter sees him at work and says he wears heavy black glasses all the time.

Sorry I meant that Mitch is clearly identifiable with his glasses, not that I saw a man with those glasses yesterday.

Senior Player

I did see Harry Marsh
    Yep you're right, checked the photo and he's the guy

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I don't normally take that many pictures at the footy but with the sun shining and being able to get closer to the action than normal I managed to snap a few shots on Sunday afternoon. For more pics from the day, visit www.facebook.com/swansreserves

(Edit: I am told that I can only have a maximum of 10 [IMG] tags per post. Handy to know!)

The teams line up for the anthem

The Swans players huddle before the opening bounce

The Kippax Oval surface looking in great condition

The players contest a boundary throw-in

L-R-T! L-R-T!

Three quarter time huddle

Top-up player Yarran Jaffer-Williams (#48)

Tony Armstrong receiving the Alex Jesaulenko Medal from Tom Harley

Crouchy

Smiles all round!

The stream was not particularly good quality but I was able to watch the game. But now I have watched the replay which is available on; NEAFL Eastern - Final Sydney Swans v Belconnen Magpies - YouTube

There were some very good signs to come out of this game;

1. Tony Armstrong has improved his defensive pressure and is an elite deliverer of the ball. The last we knew but he has even improved on early in the season.

2. Jed Lamb can get heaps of ball in the mids if allowed some time there.

3. Dan Robinson has beautiful balance and elite delivery. His role in the mids is both inside and out and he is deadly in an outside capacity. He is a very strong mark and will be a great player as he matures.

4. Young Jake Lloyd needs to bulk up a bit but he is really fast, as fast as Brandon but doesn't even look as though he is moving his running style is that economical. He is also a great tackle and always puts pressure on an opponent, he is also not afraid of the big blokes. The kid is a sensational talent.

5. Dean Towers is starting to show why he is a number one draft pick. He is such a balanced footballer. I think he is very close to selection. Great lead and hardly ever, if ever, beaten in the marking contest.

6. Sammy Naismith is 206cm and incredibly mobile. Some of his tap work was reminiscent of Polly Farmer, so precise and clever. One for the future.

7. Alex Brown and Xavier Richards are developing a big partnership in the backline. Jordan Lockyer was also good back there. Matty Dick gets the ball so easily and has pace to burn and is a big lad BUT every second delivery is a bummer, pity.

8. Tim Membrey will be a good forward next year.

9. Lloyd Perris and young Jack Hiscox are both really good prospects. Hiscox is in the under 18 program and he only looks about 16 or 17 and has a lot of developing to do. Perris is a ready made talent who is a ball magnet. both kids showed plenty.

10. LRT WILL play against Freo. Not sure about Gazza though,. He did some really good things and got a lot more of the ball, at one stage he was pushed back to defence and ran off really well.

Congratulations to the development staff, players and all in the footy department for their GF win. Good on you Crouchy you have done a great job.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast