Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: So who do you want to win on Saturday?

Can only imagine anybody who would rather see Hawthorn win hasn't been to a Hawks game in Melbourne, their supporters are just @@@@ing unbearable, more than any other.

I'm also very much in the 'Love Ballantyne and Crowley unless they are playing the Swans' camp. Ballantyne is just their version of Ben McGlynn but twice as annoying and three times as good.

Crowley deserves respect imo, even if begrudgingly. He did a job on Kizza on Saturday night, but unlike many scragging players before him, actually got plenty of it himself. I desperately wanted to see what would happen between him and Kizza at the end of the game, would Kizza shake his hand and recognise he was beaten on the day or would he carry on like Boomer, Stevie J and Sellwood. Of course Channel 7 was more interested in showing stupid crowd shots of 30's something woman screaming like 15yo's. FFS, there was a story right there in the middle of the ground for any football person with a modicum of footy intelligence.

Freo all the way. And for the punters, due to the bookies getting hammered all year with money for Hawthorn, the odds on Freo are juicy as all @@@@ and will be seeing plenty of the folding stuff from me...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Can only imagine anybody who would rather see Hawthorn win hasn't been to a Hawks game in Melbourne, their supporters are just @@@@ing unbearable, more than any other.

I'm also very much in the 'Love Ballantyne and Crowley unless they are playing the Swans' camp. Ballantyne is just their version of Ben McGlynn but twice as annoying and three times as good.

Crowley deserves respect imo, even if begrudgingly. He did a job on Kizza on Saturday night, but unlike many scragging players before him, actually got plenty of it himself. I desperately wanted to see what would happen between him and Kizza at the end of the game, would Kizza shake his hand and recognise he was beaten on the day or would he carry on like Boomer, Stevie J and Sellwood. Of course Channel 7 was more interested in showing stupid crowd shots of 30's something woman screaming like 15yo's. FFS, there was a story right there in the middle of the ground for any football person with a modicum of footy intelligence.

Freo all the way. And for the punters, due to the bookies getting hammered all year with money for Hawthorn, the odds on Freo are juicy as all @@@@ and will be seeing plenty of the folding stuff from me...
    I commented during the game that they must have taken the B team cameramen. And with all those crowd scenes I reckon I was right. It wasn't worth a mention with all the more dramatic events of the night but I would like to know what happened with RC and Kizza as well.

Doctor and his 20 points has convinced me to go for Freo on Sat. I just won't look at Crow/Balla on the podium. Also, no amount of good works off field means a thing in a game. You're either a good sport or you're not. IMHO.

Pushing for Selection
    Hate Hawthorn but could never support Ballantyne and Crowley.
    Where's the remote?

Opti-pessi-misti
    The Hawks. Hodgie and Clarkson were gracious in defeat last year - unlike West Coast in 2005. And after very graciously kicking so many points instead of goals in that final quarter and falling over in the goal square, which helped us to such a marvellous win I reckon its their turn this year now we are out of it. PS: I hope someone accidentally flattens Crowly

Quote Originally Posted by Margo View Post
    Doctor and his 20 points has convinced me to go for Freo on Sat. I just won't look at Crow/Balla on the podium. Also, no amount of good works off field means a thing in a game. You're either a good sport or you're not. IMHO.
    If I think about it for another 10 minutes I'll come up with another 20, but I'm over thinking about them.

Just get on Freo and cheer like hell for them. I think a lot of neutrals will be doing the same.

Veterans List
    After Saturday night I was torn but now reality has returned. 2005 the Freo fans were right behind us - and their fan site even went red and white the following week. We should show return solidarity. Despite Ballantine and Crowley the Freo supporters are generally alright. And I'd like Pav to be a Premiership player (though I'd rather Ross stay the loser he was at the Saints).

On the other hand, it'd be wonderful to see the all-conquering Hawks lose another GF. It's not just Buddy and Clarkson, it the whole of Melbourne and their sense of entitlement. I suspect I'll always support the Away team for the GF, unless it's maybe a non-Eade Dogs outfit.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Realistically, one of the main reasons we hate Ballentyne and Crowley is because they are so good at what they do.

Time for Freo to win and have Kennett sucking on lemons.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

On the Rookie List
    Seriously. Swans Premiers 2014. I wanna know what those odds are and get on it big time. Media are all "Ummmmmm, yeah, [sigh], ummm yeah I guess Sydney might be alright next year, could possibly be top 4 again, had a couple of injuries." Injury free & huge preseason after a really good rest, and we will dominate. Dominate. We will be as fast as we are tall, and much more experienced.

Swans and Dockers will be the best two teams of 2014, injury free.

I know it's not the right thread, but I could only handle so much talk of Freo and Hawthorn. Cannot handle a Hawks win. Melbourne media will look at it as: "oh yes well it is atonement for not winning last year when they should have."

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    4. Last year i sat in the last row of seats in front of the standing area and all i can say is thank heavens they were caged, as those hawthorn fans were truly rabid and shockingly ingracious and fans like that never deserve success EVER!!!
    We sat in a similar position for the qualifying final. We being, myself, disabled son and 84yo father. We reported the group when they started using racist taunts towards Jetta when he kicked his goal. When security came they played dumb, then proceeded to swear & cuss at every Swans supporter in proximity to them, including threatening two old ladies. We complained to security again but they were outnumbered by a drunken, angry mob and didn't seem too keen to do anything about it. We moved at the break.
    That was enough for us. We are Freo supporters all the way this week.
    It would also be nice to think that there was a swans connection involved in beating Hawthorn again.

Ballyntine i could care less about but Crowley is an interesting one, great tagger anbd sort of player any club would love but he ruins it with all the useless banter, why when your clearly beating someone do you need to constantly tell him how your beating him, just lacks a bit of class and respect which imo was what stopped him getting AA just shows no humility.

If we are talking players we would love to see get taken out for mine it has to be Hodge or Mitchell just so full of themselves and the commentators gushing over them makes me want to puke.

'Interstate club' in first GF ever against smug Melbourne club. No-brainer.

And the Hawthorn meltdown if they lose...

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Freo Heave Ho!! @@@@ those arrogant Dawks and their wanker Dawk Supporters.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast