Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Now for ...

Now for ...

the part of the season I look forward to the least.

Players are cut, traded or retire (it feels like losing family )

Some players may want to leave (it feels like betrayal)

& I'll read posts about why fellow supporters want to get rid of some of my "family", quite often heartlessly & mercilessly.

I know players have to go, lists have to be turned over, but I just hate this time of year.

I wonder where White will go
    up the guts

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We're fortunate White isn't a free agent so I think we'll get a decent draft pick for him. My bet is on Freo getting him with Pavlic about to retire. Ross is a fan of him.

I hope White stays. He's our best CHF.

But even if we do trade him, I think we can put together a pretty exciting forward line around Tippett, with the likes of Rowan, Towers and Membrey. I like that kind of speed and marking power.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope White stays. He's our best CHF.

But even if we do trade him, I think we can put together a pretty exciting forward line around Tippett, with the likes of Rowan, Towers and Membrey. I like that kind of speed and marking power.

Suspended by the MRP
    Also hope White stays! He got plenty of ball against Fremantle, but his kicking was not up to its usual standards. He tackled well and he just needs that 10% of polish to be an elite player of the competition!

His stocks are rising rapidly and I hope the Swans can be the team that benefits from his up swing !

freeo last night showed how compelling a small forward line is when it displays amazing pressure, tackling and shear brilliance in scoring

i too think we need to replace Goodes with White in the neat year or so.........my guess is one of Mummy, White and Reid can not stay unless each of them takes a little pay cut

White will attract $500k from other clubs building now

Mummy will attract close to $550k

Reid must be on an average of $500k is my guess on his 5 yr contract.....maybe it is stepped ie $300k, $400k, $500k etc

Mattner must have been on $350k
    Bolton is his final one year extension maybe $300k ? but was on a higher contract previously
    Morton maybe $200k plus ?
    Goodes end of 2014 if that is when he retires must be on $650k pa right now ?

one thing up our sleeve is playing Reid in the backline to replace Grundy for 2014 or 2015 if White continues his trajectory of improvement....
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Well you first have to look where there is a deficiency in the side and then where we have a surplus.

Mummy will want another 4 years. Will the Swans deliver? GWS certainly will.

The list age in a particular area.

Should be an interesting few weeks.

Last night's result means we finish 4th on the ladder??????
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jesse will be an interesting one, there were already murmurs (and outright acknowledgements) of other teams being interested through the H&A season and then on the big stage in the finals he was (in my opinion) very good- only the 1 goal, which is obviously disappointing, but 16 then 20 then 20 disposals for a CHF is excellent.

I think for potential suitors it will have confirmed their interest.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Jesse will be an interesting one, there were already murmurs (and outright acknowledgements) of other teams being interested through the H&A season and then on the big stage in the finals he was (in my opinion) very good- only the 1 goal, which is obviously disappointing, but 16 then 20 then 20 disposals for a CHF is excellent.

I think for potential suitors it will have confirmed their interest.
    Opinion on BF is he's worth a second round pick. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with him and Mummy.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Opinion on BF is he's worth a second round pick. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with him and Mummy.
    I'd say that's probably about right, but I'm always hopeless at predicting this sort of thing so it may very well be a first or a third round pick.

It's going to be an interesting off season, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Ummmm why aren't we wanting to try & keep him?

Do you really think we will draft a player as good & huge as Jesse with a second round pick? Then spend a few years developing him then trade him off for another second round pick? JUST KEEP JESSE!

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Ummmm why aren't we wanting to try & keep him?

Do you really think we will draft a player as good & huge as Jesse with a second round pick? Then spend a few years developing him then trade him off for another second round pick? JUST KEEP JESSE!
    I suppose there is a lot of variables here, Does he want to stay? Does he want to stay for the money we're prepared to pay him? With everyone fit will he get a regular game?
    I'm of the opinion that 4 bigs works against the lesser teams but not the good teams so he may be surplus to requirements and may be sick of being a backup. I can't see Horse guaranteeing him a regular game with everyone fit but that's just my opinion.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast