Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Whispers / Rumours and Confirmations

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    At a crap club like Melbourne, he almost certainly would get a game next year. At a club with a strongish midfield, maybe he would, maybe not. He's a little on the small side at the moment - not just height but build too. His height isn't going to change, and he's tall enough to be a senior player - I'd guess he's 178-179cm. But he would need to add a little bulk. He looks like he's got the frame to do so. He won't become huge but should be able to develop a similar physique to KJ given time.

The Swans have some challenging list management issues this year, but from an outsider's perspective, I'd put him on the senior list rather than risk losing him. The reality is that we had to draft at least three players onto the senior list. Only one elevated rookie can count towards this total, so that leaves two to be recruited externally as a minimum. Perris can count towards this quota.

He may be quite small but his onfield vision and creativity have been evident this year in the reserves. He's gotten better as the year has gone on, and remember that he missed last season with a knee reco. He's not particularly quick, but you could see him becoming a Sam Mitchell type midfield controller in time. I realise that's shooting quite high, and chances are he will never become that good. But it's the kind of role you could see him becoming.
    Liz I felt that Lloyd and Perris were a bit of a double up ?

I am almost leaning towards Lloyd
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Goes up to 11
    I think Perris is not really the sort of player we need at the moment, or for the next few years. I doubt that he is as good as Tom Mitchell, and as others have said we have Jack junior, Jed, Lloyd and others in the queue as well. We have other more pressing needs in developing our list so if Perris wants to get on a senior list, I think we should let him go if we are not willing to do anything further than offer him a rookie spot.

Jake Lloyd
    Height 180 cm
    DOB 20-09-1993
    Weight 75 kg Debut -

Taken from the North Ballarat Rebels, running midfielder Jake Lloyd was the Swans first selection in the 2012 Rookie Draft.

Lloyd played two games at VFL level with the North Ballarat Roosters in 2012 and was also the recipient of the TAC Cup Coaches Award after an impressive season with the Rebels, which saw him average 28 possessions.

The 19-year-old, who hails from Horsham in Central Victoria, is expected to bolster the club?s running capacity, after registering an impressive 15.3 in the beep test in 2012.

Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 15.

2013 COACHES CALL
    We drafted him because he?s a smart, compact, neat midfielder.

Pre-season has been pretty good. He was the last one to arrive but he?s coped pretty well. He?s been very good on and off in the field in terms of trying to improve his knowledge.

We hope in 2013 that he can develop and play consistent football.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Suspended by the MRP
    It could be fun to watch the draft this year! Melbourne may take Lloyd Perris with pick 2, behind Ton Bouyd. If Melbourne don't take him with pick 2 the Swans may get him late in the first round!

I would love to be Lloyd Perris right now!

If Melbourne do take him with pick 2 then he would have a lot to live up to!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Jesse was better than Tippett? The guy who, based on averages, would have challenged for the Coleman had he played a full season?

I wonder sometimes. I really do.
    yep, serious grip on reality slipping in 3,2,1...

Jesse was good, great some games. But not as damaging as Tippett.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    There's no way Perris is going with pick 2.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Worried that Lamb may not be with us next year either. Which would be a shame. Could be Vez 2.0 but I think he'll be one that will hurt down the track.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    There's no way Perris is going with pick 2.
    And equally, no way the Swans would use their first round pick on him. If they were prepared to do that, they'd just stick him on the senior list with their last pick.

I would like to give my take on it although coming from a low knowledge level. The facts as I see it that we basically have a great team and alot of potential long term high quality players not regularly in the starting 22. We did finish 4th on the ladder and made prelims. This would have/could have been better with less injuries. To stay still is to go backwards. We do get refreshment with retirees. Of the players mentioned as trading I would ask do they want to go and do we want them to go. No good throwing the baby out with the bath water. I would be happy to see only minimal cuts and have our basic focus being doing what we did this year, ie continue the develop of the gems we have.

The tricky part comes with the balance for seniors and rookies. Take both Perris and Lloyd, they would ideally be suited to the rookie list but they will have offers from other clubs to go on their senior list. We may convince Perris to stick it out for a year but Lloyd will be tempted. I get the feeling his manager is pretty busy at the moment. We may look back on it and say how did that one get away? Although the 2's are not the real stuff his figures have been unbelievable.

This is the art of trade period. Good luck to our Club in getting it right close to it. It is a whole new game/competition in itself!!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Gerard asked Mike last night about Mumford.

Mike said that he wanted a long contract and lots of money. Mike thought that the Swans could not afford to let him go.

I've met Jake LLoyd and he is a young country boy who is very well mannered and would be perfect son-in-law material.

- - - Updated - - -

Gerard asked Mike last night about Mumford.

Mike said that he wanted a long contract and lots of money. Mike thought that the Swans could not afford to let him go.

I've met Jake LLoyd and he is a young country boy who is very well mannered and would be perfect son-in-law material.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

White in Melbourne yesterday, spoke with Collingwood and the Bulldogs.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    White in Melbourne yesterday, spoke with Collingwood and the Bulldogs.
    Anyone else think that we're @@@@@@ if both Mumford and White leave? I do.