View Poll Results: What should the Swans do?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Begrudgingly accept pick 48

20 35.71%
  • Decline the offer and let Lamb enter the draft

30 53.57%
  • I have no idea

6 10.71%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Jed Lamb trade - Poll

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Lamb to go into the preseason draft and GWS will get him for nothing.
    No, GWS now has to use their pick 1 to get Lamb. That is an opportunity cost to them. And there is no further loss to us if the alternative was a worthless low order pick.

Quote Originally Posted by spiffy-dude View Post
    No we are not, enough with the hyperbole. Relax and enjoy the ride!

You are a very negative poster, you seem to hsve this need to trash our club all the time and when there is a positive you seem to find the negative in that! And dont give me this excuse that you are an old south man and you don't want the club going down the same path again. If anything having experienced that period of crapness then you should be enjoying this period of great success and not trashing it.
    If you haven't learned this by now depth is very important to a footy club. I am not trashing OUR footy club I am questioning the wisdom of losing seven players to pick up one super star. That is my right as a fan. I was around in the times of the previous super star line ups and we did not win any premierships during those times. History tells me we did the same thing in the thirties and forties for very little result. We did the same thing in the 80's & '90's for no result. I was also around when we couldn't win a bloody game were you? I am not an old South man I never followed South Melbourne but I know the history. I also know the history of the VFL/AFL too and the clubs that banked everything on a few players and never won a premiership.

Yes I have seen the bad times and have enjoyed the good times and I would prefer the good times to continue. DEPTH ids the most important word in a footy club as far as lists are concerned.

We may come out and win the Premiership this year and next but the future after that is what worries me. the other thing is how many Bondi bars will Buddy be in with his NRL mates late at night.

If you haven't learned this by now depth is very important to a footy club. I am not trashing OUR footy club I am questioning the wisdom of losing seven players to pick up one super star. That is my right as a fan. I was around in the times of the previous super star line ups and we did not win any premierships during those times. History tells me we did the same thing in the thirties and forties for very little result. We did the same thing in the 80's & '90's for no result. I was also around when we couldn't win a bloody game were you? I am not an old South man I never followed South Melbourne but I know the history. I also know the history of the VFL/AFL too and the clubs that banked everything on a few players and never won a premiership.

Yes I have seen the bad times and have enjoyed the good times and I would prefer the good times to continue. DEPTH ids the most important word in a footy club as far as lists are concerned.

We may come out and win the Premiership this year and next but the future after that is what worries me. the other thing is how many Bondi bars will Buddy be in with his NRL mates late at night.
    Umm yes i do know what depth means, but i alos know that the best club, the successfull clubs always take risk with buying stars.

To be the best you have to buy the best and take risks.

Sorry but i disagree with everything you said.

And so what if i wasnt there in the early 90s, doesn't make me a lesser supporter than you. Leave that kind of sanctimonous attitude to the idiots in melbourne.

FFS the amount of people who now claim that they were there in the early 90s is climbing higher and higher. Makes you wonder if these people had their invisible cloaks on every sunday as i recall from TV the stands were empty.

And if you worry about Buddy with his "Union" mates then i would hate to know how you would react when you see some of our younger players out on the weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    No, GWS now has to use their pick 1 to get Lamb. That is an opportunity cost to them. And there is no further loss to us if the alternative was a worthless low order pick.
    What i am saying Mes is they didn't pay us anything for him. Yes we all have to expend a pick to get a player in the preseason draft that stands to reason but they don't give us a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Umm yes i do know what depth means, but i alos know that the best club, the successfull clubs always take risk with buying stars.

To be the best you have to buy the best and take risks.

Sorry but i disagree with everything you said.

And so what if i wasnt there in the early 90s, doesn't make me a lesser supporter than you. Leave that kind of sanctimonous attitude to the idiots in melbourne.

FFS the amount of people who now claim that they were there in the early 90s is climbing higher and higher. Makes you wonder if these people had their invisible cloaks on every sunday as i recall from TV the stands were empty.

And if you worry about Buddy with his "Union" mates then i would hate to know how you would react when you see some of our younger players out on the weekend!
    So every fan in Melbourne is an idiot. Why were you looking at the footy on TV were you not old enough to go? I remember being at the SCG with the other 9,999 people every match we played. Three of us used to go together, we never won but we used to say "Next Week" just like 'Kanga' Kennedy used to hat the Hawks in the bad old days. If I am old enough to have gone to matches in the '90's I obviously know nothing. Kid, because you are one, there is an old coaches saying 'I would rather have a champion team than a team of champions.' It means that a cohesive well balanced team will always beat a team of out and out champions because they are not a cohesive unit.

By the way you are new here aren't you? This is a board where everyone has an opinion and the nice thing here is while we can debate and disagree we are normally nice to each other not NASTY. Your comments on Melbourne supporters were downright NASTY.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar

You'll just have to accept that Wolfy is a bigger supporter than you because he was there in the 80's. So was I, but didn't realise until the 90's.

Spiffy off to the naughty corner with your comments on Melbourne people.

What i am saying Mes is they didn't pay us anything for him. Yes we all have to expend a pick to get a player in the preseason draft that stands to reason but they don't give us a thing.
    Wolfy that's MEG not MES. Did you ever think that the Swans didn't really want a pick. They don't have to give us a pick.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Players can hide & get away with a lot in Sydney.

We mustn't get that confused with our players being totally perfect!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Tunnel View Post
    Players can hide & get away with a lot in Sydney.

We mustn't get that confused with our players being totally perfect!
    Its OK, Mummy is at GWS now.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

- - - Updated - - -

So every fan in Melbourne is an idiot. Why were you looking at the footy on TV were you not old enough to go? I remember being at the SCG with the other 9,999 people every match we played. Three of us used to go together, we never won but we used to say "Next Week" just like 'Kanga' Kennedy used to hat the Hawks in the bad old days. If I am old enough to have gone to matches in the '90's I obviously know nothing. Kid, because you are one, there is an old coaches saying 'I would rather have a champion team than a team of champions.' It means that a cohesive well balanced team will always beat a team of out and out champions because they are not a cohesive unit.

By the way you are new here aren't you? This is a board where everyone has an opinion and the nice thing here is while we can debate and disagree we are normally nice to each other not NASTY. Your comments on Melbourne supporters were downright NASTY.
    You are no more a supporter than the person who showed up for the first time this year. Stop the arrogance i was here longer than you were, you come across as an old hipster type with that way of thinking.

FWIW i am not the first person to show frustration at your constant sly digs at the swans and those who run the club.

And yes Melborune people tend to be idiots and tend to over react to almost everything.

And yes Melborune people tend to be idiots and tend to over react to almost everything.
    Ouch!.......... Glad i come from Melbourne and not Melborune..........OMG I hope i'm not over reacting!

Veteran Site Admin
    How much did we give up for Tippett and Buddy?

Veteran Site Admin
    Too much off topic bickering in this thread. I am closing it for now until such time as I get home and can be bothered to clean it up.

Please keep threads on topic, and especially don't derail them with disputes about whose opinions are worth more or who is a more worthy Swans fan.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456