Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodes puts buddy on notice.

Goodes puts buddy on notice.

Page not found | Fox Sports

Hope this isnt a sign of things to come.....

Advanced and fair warning seasoned with a challenge and tongue in cheek well and truly planted. Goodsey is saying a lot without appearing to say anything at all. Love it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    Page not found | Fox Sports

Hope this isnt a sign of things to come.....
    Hmmmm, from all reports Buddy made a grade A goose of himself at the Cup.

I suspect that the leadership group will be prepared to take him on if necessary but what if he bucks up and gives the system the finger? We have a 9 year $10M problem on our hands playing in the twos.

High risk, High reward does not even go close to describing this bloke.....

- - - Updated - - -

I assume our standard player contract has a "Gross Misconduct" clause in it. Expect the boys to come down on this bloke like a ton of bricks if he plays up.

Senior Player
    what did he get up to at the cup? I didn't see a meltdown on these boards and I steer clear of most trash news.

I hope Goodes rides buddy like it's the Melbourne cup. He signed a contract that was mandatory #1 player tag, and a target on his back. He has to earn it and have the passing of the mantle from our great one A.Goodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Hmmmm, from all reports Buddy made a grade A goose of himself at the Cup.

I suspect that the leadership group will be prepared to take him on if necessary but what if he bucks up and gives the system the finger? We have a 9 year $10M problem on our hands playing in the twos.

High risk, High reward does not even go close to describing this bloke.....

- - - Updated - - -

I assume our standard player contract has a "Gross Misconduct" clause in it. Expect the boys to come down on this bloke like a ton of bricks if he plays up.
    No he didnt. He acted the same as any of the other footballers. Hyperbole.

We have to remember that we are NOW on the watch list for grubby journos. After a fair few years building up our "bloods" culture to the point that it got to mythical proportions and then attracting a player personality like buddy then i am not surprised by any of this.

The mesicans down south will be salivating for any bit of goss that brings down our squeaky clean culture, one that was elevated to where it is by the melbourne media.

So people be prepared for A LOT of this for the next 9 years.

We have been elevated to collingwood levels of hate simply because we did what we do. Australians looove watching an underdog come from nothing and be top of his game BUT if that underdog then becomes consistent and continues to be a good aussies then somewhow turn on them and the hatred becomes strong. I really never understood why this is the case.

But yeah we have to start ignorin all of it and hope its all goss and then start learning how to deal with it.

Talk about a beat up. Some of the rubbish printed after the Flemington carnival is disgraceful. I mean making a story out of him saying "Sonny who". Please.

Franklin hasn't become the footballer he is by not working hard. He and the Swans will be fine.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

While i agree the melb media will love stories like this in this case i think its a daily telegraph article by Neil Cordy isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by spiffy-dude View Post
    So people be prepared for A LOT of this for the next 9 years.
    852892-84b85b88-4b1d-11e3-8ea1-0956ca5aa3f4.jpg

Lucky us.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

At least he doesnt have the seedy looking hat he was sporting that day in that picture. There was an video interview on the HUN website last week with him at the cup and he seemed a bit sloshed, still aquitted himself ok though. As others have said nothing different to nearly every other player at the carnival.

Oh noes buddy went to the horse racers and was spotted with other celebs doing what celebs do best with his model GF by his side. he wore an old school bowlers hat and had his moevemeber look on.

Thats it he now has to sit in front of a 6 man committee in the bunker of the SCG and explain his actions to secret society.

My only concern at this stage is buddy seems to be a little bit too much in a happy comfy place, he has stacked ona few kilos since we signed him BUT i guess thats in his genetics. If you have a look at his old man well he is 5 buddies and more. But i am sure come 2nd of Dec he will focus back to playing AFL.

Anyway show me a genuine superstar from any code who is a good Christian boy who spends saturday night cooking for his mom and listening to father John.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffy-dude View Post
    Oh noes buddy went to the horse racers and was spotted with other celebs doing what celebs do best with his model GF by his side. he wore an old school bowlers hat and had his moevemeber look on.

Thats it he now has to sit in front of a 6 man committee in the bunker of the SCG and explain his actions to secret society.

My only concern at this stage is buddy seems to be a little bit too much in a happy comfy place, he has stacked ona few kilos since we signed him BUT i guess thats in his genetics. If you have a look at his old man well he is 5 buddies and more. But i am sure come 2nd of Dec he will focus back to playing AFL.

Anyway show me a genuine superstar from any code who is a good Christian boy who spends saturday night cooking for his mom and listening to father John.
    What's a mom?

Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    At least he doesnt have the seedy looking hat he was sporting that day in that picture.
    He doesn't need a hat to look seedy. It's amazing what some bling, an over-sized gold watch, gang signs and a bow tie can do

Edit: (and a pimp-mo)
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast