Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Preseason Day1

it is amazing

a swans supporter mate of mine has gone seriously cold on the buddy deal

he thinks we are massively to heavy on the cap with two players and that a few injuries and or buddy plays up and the swans will not make the 8

he is taking as many bets as he can on the swans not making the 8 !!

extra----ordinary !!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Agree Primmy. We sign the highest profile player in the game, and you'd think we just signed Fev.

Franklin is a star and he wants to play for the Swans. I thought that was a good thing.
    I agree 100%.

In fact Buddy turning up today when he didnt have to just shows he is an ultimate professional. I honestly think he is a charming guy BUT when around other alpha males he can become douchey BUT in reality he is nothing more than just a product of this selfie generation, which seems to be just about every male his age.

I am just annoyed at how our fans are worried about him. I mean this is a big signing..we have two massive players in our forward line playign with us, on top of the plethora of mids that we used as our goal kickers in our flag year plus a pretty healthy backline..we should be bloody excited!

Instead fans are worried that this bloods culture, which is really annoying me atm, which funny enough has been blown out of proportion by the melbourne media, is going to be destroyed. Well it won't and i am confident in that.

I just have that feeling Lance has so much respect and love for the club that he won't go out of his way to destroy it. I mean HE CAME TO US!!!

Senior Player
    Goodes
    Franklin
    Tippet
    Reid
    Rohan
    Jetta

repeat it until you go insane.

The potential excitement that this group can generate is going to be insane. Serious we should be delirious. Add to that arguably the best midfield in the comp, and when fit a defence that also is a #1 contender.... It's go time baby!

We're buying into the doubts of opposition supporters as if they didn't have their own desire to see us spectacularly fail. Let's just believe in our club which has continued to prove that its judgment is sound for the past 20 years.

We won premierships going against the pack and while being aggressive isn't without its risks it is better than being content with mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    We're buying into the doubts of opposition supporters as if they didn't have their own desire to see us spectacularly fail. Let's just believe in our club which has continued to prove that its judgment is sound for the past 20 years.

We won premierships going against the pack and while being aggressive isn't without its risks it is better than being content with mediocrity.
    I agree 100%. I think a lot of fans not being used to feeling the intense hatred of other club supporters are letting it get to them. I know being a hated club is new but we have to start hardening up becasue its not going to get any better. And if we win say a few flags between now and buddy retiring expect to be even more hated.

The days of being everyones second club and for neutrals loving us is over. The club made a conscious decision to move away from that and actually start being a top 2 club so we fans should trust them on it. The people in charge and running the show want the swans to be the most successful club in the next decade as much as us fans, so lets enjoy it shall we!

Anyway so good too see AJ out there today!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    Goodes
    Franklin
    Tippet
    Reid
    Rohan
    Jetta

repeat it until you go insane.

The potential excitement that this group can generate is going to be insane. Serious we should be delirious. Add to that arguably the best midfield in the comp, and when fit a defence that also is a #1 contender.... It's go time baby!
    And this is why we are currently hated, fear is strong. If i was an opposition fan i would hate the fact that the swans have so many good players but it would be from both jelousy and fear.

Look at those players..i think i need a fainting couch...swoon.

Couldn't agree more with the last half dozen or so posts...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Sorry mum
    OK then.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Picture 8 - the enormous bloke - is that the American?? Towering over Gaz
    Pretty sure he is in picture 4 too. Going to have to fix his hand position catching the footy!

Veteran Site Admin
    While we're on the question and answer session...

Picture 24 - had Membrey been rolling around in the mud, or have his tattoos expanded somewhat in the offseason (lower arm, leg)?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    While we're on the question and answer session...

Picture 24 - had Membrey been rolling around in the mud, or have his tattoos expanded somewhat in the offseason (lower arm, leg)?
    It's the Buddy Effect.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    it is amazing

he thinks we are massively to heavy on the cap with two players and that a few injuries and or buddy plays up and the swans will not make the 8

extra----ordinary !!!!

A fool and his money are easily parted, can you pass his details on to those of us on RWO so we can get in on this free money

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    it is amazing

extra----ordinary !!!!
    I'll offer him 50/1 for us not making the 8 for as much as he wants to put on
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast