Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Draft Prospects

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    GWS played in the NEAFL not the VFL but yes besides that the pathway was the same. TAC Cup 2 years before joining the AFL, NEAFL/VFL 1 year before joining the AFL.

Goes up to 11
    I reckon the only place GWS has the Suns covered for the youngsters (and taking into account the Suns' extra year) is in the forwards. The Suns mids, backs and rucks all seem to be an overall better batch of young talent than GWS.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I reckon the only place GWS has the Suns covered for the youngsters (and taking into account the Suns' extra year) is in the forwards. The Suns mids, backs and rucks all seem to be an overall better batch of young talent than GWS.

I would not rate Sam Day, Tom Lynch and Charlie Dixon as that far behind Cameron, Boyd and Patton. Dixon is a better ruckman than the GWS guys and Sam Day is adaptable enough to be put in defence.

I also think that Gold Coast will become a very popular destination for out of contract players from Melbourne and Adelaide. They are coming towards a definite Premiership window, the Gold Coast offers privacy (like the Swans players enjoy) and the Gold Coast also offers an amazing beach lifestyle.

If you?re a Melbourne AFL star you can swap that female stalker for a MEETERMAID, who will protect your car from overzealous parking inspectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    As a reader of The Roar, how are you coping with the current anti-Swans rantings Yvonne? COLA, protected species (Franklin, Goodes, Hannebery), soft draw, blah, blah, blah). I've posted a few replies but don't know why I waste my time....

I was interested that in that article about St Kilda it says that Trent Dennis-Lane is currently the Saints leading goal scorer in the VFL. I have been wondering what had happened to him as he is not getting games in their seniors. Seems like a familiar story. Brilliant in the seconds, can't quite cut it in the firsts. Pity, I liked him (we will always love him for that tackle against Carlton). I had hoped he might make it at the Saints. And perhaps he still will as he has age on his side.
    I like reading the roar, but the recent dribble coming in some articles, and the comments on there about the swans have frustrated me so much that I've given it up for a while lol!

Much better in the confines of the friendly peeps on RWO
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I like reading the roar, but the recent dribble coming in some articles, and the comments on there about the swans have frustrated me so much that I've given it up for a while lol!

Much better in the confines of the friendly peeps on RWO
    Ha! I should probably do the same (or at least not read the AFL articles). But it's a bit like having an itch that I can't stop myself from scratching!

Goes up to 11
    Now here's a site worth reading - guru Paige Cardona has published a mock draft - wonderfully written, and check out her glowing praise of Heeney:

Paige Cardona?s Phantom Draft: 1.0 ? Bound for Glory News
    Last edited by jono2707; 12th June 2014 at 09:01 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Now here's a site worth reading - guru Paige Cardona has published a mock draft - wonderfully written, and check out her glowing praise of Heeney:

Paige Cardona?s Phantom Draft: 1.0 ? Bound for Glory News
    Wow, that is some write up, surely it can't be that good? Ressie watchers, do you feel that's an accurate assessment?

If Heeney is that good expect Eddie to try and get the AFL to shut down the Academy!

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    We need to keep Derickx as Pike is very old and the others are only just beginning their AFL careers.
    The back line needs a complete rework, but we need to keep Towers and some of the others rookies who haven't been given a game.
    My guess is that their will be a clean out of the old player; very sad not to see ROK finish on a high.
    My dream would be him, Goodes and Hyphen finish with a premiership medal in 2014; dreams sometime come true!
    doof-doof

Isaac is very good..........it is always so hard to tell how far they will go when you see a young fella is filling in and fitting into an established midfield etc such as a ressies team that has Jake, Robo, Perris, Marsh, Mitchell, ROK etc etc are dominating week in week out

BUT

Heeney does remind me a lot of young Jude Bolton..............I know others have said Parker has displayed similarities to the way Isaac plays.......but I must say he reminds me a lot more of Jude........that same rigid body and great intensity into the pack and out of the pack with ball in hand

Parker (very first time i saw him) I immediately said to myself he is a 10 year player...........same with Tom Mitchell...........and it would be hard to argue that Isaac is not in the same category......Isaac has such in an intense energy around the stoppages, has a keen sense for goal and his ability to limit the opposition via his tackling is first class

I cant compare others in the midfield around OZ but Isaac is tremendously worthy of the praise he is receiving

great opportunity to get along this saturday to watch the Rams
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veteran Site Admin
    I've only seen him play live two or three times, and each time at NEAFL level where he's a relative baby, but I do confess I haven't witnessed the extreme speed described in that article. He's not a Jetta type that stays on the outside and blitzes into space. He does most of his work in congestion, where speed won't always be obvious. The description makes him sound like a young Judd, who was explosive in traffic. He may well have that ability but I've just not really noticed it thus far.

I do wonder if the hype over him is growing a little out of proportion, maybe fuelled by other clubs (and particularly other clubs' supporters) suddenly understanding about the Academy system and getting worked up that we might get an absolute superstar for a pick in the late teens.

The best thing about that draft is she has the Swans with pick 18...telling.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    The best thing about that draft is she has the Swans with pick 18...telling.
    Winning the flag then picking up Heeney. I'd have so much trolling material lol.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast