Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NAB Challenge: Swans v Eagles @ BISP Thursday 27th Feb 2014

West Coast vs Sydney of old. Scrap, scrap, stoppage, tackle, scrap, scrap, occassional goal. Poor conditions matched with pre-season match fitness is a recipe for boredom. Let's hope the game opens up a little just to get some flow into it.

slippery as a cake of soap !

lets see if we can open the game back up - but tackle scrap effort im happy with the team rotation we had first half

BTW to be fair West Coast are playing with great intensity

For me the player missed the most tonight was by far Teds influence on our backline play in general

- - - Updated - - -

i thought Aliir Aliir might get the nick name

"Over here, Over here"........or Allo Allo !

great young kid and super keen to watch his development next couple of seasons

- - - Updated - - -

Robinson has looked fairly comfortable out there along with Lloyd again !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Nearly half a quarter and we haven't had a proper possession forward of centre.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

West Coast's intensity is good. Unfortunate our players don't want to muster up the same amount of effort. Disappointed by the backline tbh. They let it get away from them when usually they are so reliable. The toweling we are getting in clearances isn't too shocking given the weakness there, but yeah. Less than encouraging especially from a few senior/more experienced players.

Appalling disinterested excuse for a performance....

ok - 3rd qtr was probably as bad as our 2nd qtr against Freeo in the finals last year !

WC have a similar amount of Snr players out to us........but there skill level and intensity is way ahead.

I also think their structures out of their backline is miles ahead of us
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Does anyone else find they're anxious everytime Steve Austin x1.5 goes to ground even remotely awkwardly?

Did not have a possession forward of the centre in the last nine minutes either. Not one. The poorest quarter of football I have ever seen from the Swans in 17 years of watching.
    This was typical, though of 2011-2013 - when the Swans are put under a lot of strangling type pressure and the a) game of quick, brilliant handpass and run through traffic does not work, we have no b) game. And worse, instead of it turning into a dour struggle the opposite happens, we completely capitulate skill-wise and become an uncompetitive rabble. Weird. It's like Jekyll and Hyde.

I watched the last 16 of the 20 minutes and we did not move the ball from one Swan to another in the forward half even once. I've never actually seen that before.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Swans500 View Post
    Appalling disinterested excuse for a performance....
    I know, right? Preseason game or not, whatever this is, it's worrying. I'll reserve my final judgement until the end of the game, but it's really hard to see what sort of purpose the coaches had for this game. What's one positive thing you can draw out? How exactly is this going to help our season? I have no idea.

It's nab cup, sure we've been @@@@, but this hasn't exactly been the time of year when we've normally excelled. Got 3 or so weeks to sort it out, wouldn't get too stressed about it. Plus it's wet and that's our kryptonite

Scary bad.

That's five uncontested marks in traffic (2 in the fifty) in the first minute and a half of the quarter. This is laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Clock says 17 minutes and A HANDPASS from Smiffy to Jets on the fifty!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast