Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NAB Challenge: Swans v Eagles @ BISP Thursday 27th Feb 2014

In two weeks we have to play real football. Holy @@@@!

Veterans List
    Not sure why we would give all our main midfielders a rest this week considering it is Buddy's first game. You would think it would be an opportunity for him to get used to the delivery.

We have not handled the conditions well at all. Very frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    it's really hard to see what sort of purpose the coaches had for this game. What's one positive thing you can draw out? How exactly is this going to help our season? I have no idea.
    Well, for starters, Buddy WILL eventually have a great game, so, by definition, he will have average or crap ones before then. This match gets one of those crap ones out of the way ... one game closer to Buddy's first blinder in red&white

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post

I know, right? Preseason game or not, whatever this is, it's worrying. I'll reserve my final judgement until the end of the game, but it's really hard to see what sort of purpose the coaches had for this game. What's one positive thing you can draw out? How exactly is this going to help our season? I have no idea.
    They get to see who keeps plugging away when it all goes to pieces (Smith, Bird), maybe a couple of the youngsters will make way for Jones and Shandy.

We get to see Rohan still has it.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Give Aliir Aliir a run!!!!!

Naismith runs like a gazelle when chasing the ball, tackles like a gorilla, but lopes like a giraffe when chasing a player down ... promising though
    Last edited by 0918330512; 27th February 2014 at 09:28 PM.

Fascinating to see that our game plan of kicking it aimlessly long, or occasionally aiming at a pack of talks hasn't changed. Buddy will get pretty frustrated with our inability to actually hit a forward on a lead since that is his strength not the pack mark.

Words can not describe. I really wish I didn't watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    Fascinating to see that our game plan of kicking it aimlessly long, or occasionally aiming at a pack of talks hasn't changed. Buddy will get pretty frustrated with our inability to actually hit a forward on a lead since that is his strength not the pack mark.
    Meh ... that's what Sammy, Pykey & Tippett are for

Aliir Aliir reminds me of Matty Wheeler (pre-dreds/Sanford)

Yep. It will be great having buddy as the six five front and square rover.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Not sure why we would give all our main midfielders a rest this week considering it is Buddy's first game. You would think it would be an opportunity for him to get used to the delivery.

We have not handled the conditions well at all. Very frustrating!
    This might be a long bow but didn't our midfielders log the most metres in the afl last season? So maybe they are starting resting the legs of the mids, although pre-season does seem a little early to start this approach. I guess it gives the untested youngsters a go.

On the whole we were terrible. Must say we do not have a mass of young talent knocking thebdoorvdown

The good
    Grundy outstanding looked great turned back the clock a few years
    Cunningham would have sealed a rand 1 slot
    Gary Rohan lively up forward was great
    L?idler probably secured a rnd 1 spot
    Brandon jack will press for,selection another pre season should see him in good shape

The Bad
    Hannebury on that game will struggle to get into the side
    Hannebury doesn't look fit was terrible
    Hannebury couldn't get site of the footy
    Our skills were terrible

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast