Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Pies

Changes for the Pies

I don't see us making (or needing to make) wholesale changes. However I think it's essential to get the 2 Jack boys (and Tippett if fit) into the team.

Tippett is the key as he will play 2nd ruck and enable LRT to play as a pure defender.

In: K. Jack, B. Jack, Tippett
    Out: ROK, Rohan, Laidler (only if Tippett comes in)

Very harsh on Rohan but he is too inconsistent. Yes he will be a gun, but he needs to get back to the ressies and develop some consistency.

B. Jack to be the sub.

I've erased the entire game from my mind so I'm not sure who I'd take in and out of the team. I just know I want Tippett and Jack into the side.

Sounds like from those that saw the reserves report that B Jack was very disappointing in the reserves.

I struggle a bit to see what the role for Rohan currently is? Are they planning on playing him full time in the forward line, or will he have a role in midfield at some stage? What I do want to see is him and Jetta getting more of the ball, more often. They are too explosive players, yet neither seem to get much of the ball.

For me it would be: if Tippett is fit, Tippett and Jack In, with ROK to stay in the 22, Laidler and someone else to drop out (Maybe Rohan)
    Last edited by mcs; 17th March 2014 at 01:39 PM.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Shouldn't they be putting Rohan and Jetta on either side of the wing?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Well to me that would be logical. Rohan can not only run, but also has the ability to play as a lead up target. He could be potentially very damaging playing a bit further up field.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and if it was me, despite them being not so good around the ground, if Tippett doesn't pull up, I'd play one of the young ruckmen. Any team with 2 good ruckman are going to really punish us this year I feel - and whilst Collingwood's pair are young, they do most certainly have plenty of talent and will work hard all day.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Yes! If not right out on the wings, at least running fast at the same time...

I noticed a few times on Saturday, Rohan making good runs into space down the middle but not getting delivery from the wings. Seemed like a few players didn't sight him and/or just kicked to the closest man on the same wing.

Veteran Site Admin
    I am not sure why some are focussing in on Rohan. He was just about our best performed player over the pre-season. He was hardly alone in having an ordinary game on the weekend, and he still contributed on the scoreboard with one goal and a very narrow miss from a tricky angle. He has genuine pace, which we don't have in abundance, and his tackling is a highlight (notwithstanding the fact he did miss a couple on the weekend that he needed to make).

Jack (K) and Tippett are the keys, if they are available. There's a chance LRT might not be, given he was subbed out with a slight groin strain.

Warming the Bench
    Did anyone see Kieren out at the game? I saw Goodes and Tippo in the room's during the game, but did he even make it to the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I am not sure why some are focussing in on Rohan. He was just about our best performed player over the pre-season. He was hardly alone in having an ordinary game on the weekend, and he still contributed on the scoreboard with one goal and a very narrow miss from a tricky angle. He has genuine pace, which we don't have in abundance, and his tackling is a highlight (notwithstanding the fact he did miss a couple on the weekend that he needed to make).

Jack (K) and Tippett are the keys, if they are available. There's a chance LRT might not be, given he was subbed out with a slight groin strain.
    You have stated who should come in, which is easy to do, however haven't suggested who goes out.

I'm suggesting Rohan based on his performances in the seniors, both late last year and Saturdays game. He is a young and developing player coming back from a serious injury, yes we all love him, but at the moment seems too inconsistent.

Veteran Site Admin
    I'd leave out one of Laidler or Rampe and one of ROK or Bird. Yes, they call all play decent footy (ROK excellent footy at times) but from a team balance perspective I think they are the most dispensable. If Tippett is available, he slots into the forward line at the expense of LRT, with LRT moving into defence if he's fit to replace Laidler or Rampe. Tippett and LRT can each support Pyke in the ruck at times. Jack is a straight swap for a midfielder.

I had figured LRT might prove excess to requirements once Johnson and Tippett were back as it was hard to find a role for him at either end. But with Johnson now back onto the LTIL, I think he becomes our third tall forward - unable to provide the same running rebound as Johnson but compensating by having the height to compete against the resting rucks and very tall forwards.

cant label rohan inconsistent. he came into the team at the end of last year due to a bunch of other injuries and so that he could get some game time. u cant possibly expect him to be outstanding straight away after a long injury.

also, he was hardly the worst player on the weekend. tippo comes in for lrt possibly (based on the role lrt played) and k jack comes in for cunningham (unlucky but its a like for like replacement)

Blog Entries
    In: Heart
    Out: Butter

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast