Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread; Swans v Crows

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Did anyone see the Victory song on Saturday?? The playing group clearly hates Buddy. They were pouring Powerade all over him and made him stand in the middle of the circle and cop it. Bloody disgraceful.
    Rubbish. All three players who had never won for the swans were in the middle. Buddy Derickx and laidler. That's normal

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Rubbish. All three players who had never won for the swans were in the middle. Buddy Derickx and laidler. That's normal
    Take your head out of the sand. Their aim was clearly to leave Buddy very uncomfortable and sticky from the Gatorade.

More proof of the Buddy hate was seen on Saturday. When Buddy kicked a goal, McVeigh rushed at him. Buddy put up his hands in defence but McVeigh still struck him hard on the hands. They called it a high five but we all know what it really was...
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

The sporting media is parochial in every state. Not much about the Broncos or Storm in the SYdney media, and even though Swans have a support base in Melbourne it gets short changed compared with the other Melbourne clubs who drive more traffic to their site.

Ashley Porter is usually reliable - pretty amazing he didn't rate Parker who I also thought was BOG. BIt of a clanger.
    On the other hand Mike Rucci is a partisan fool and you can see his bias as a Port supporter come through in his preview. Ashley Porter is also a Port fan from way back but he's also quite fair - you wouldn't spot it from his material.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Take your head out of the sand. Their aim was clearly to leave Buddy very uncomfortable and sticky from the Gatorade.
    It was a disgraceful display - they purposefully got it all in his hair and in his beard. The poor kid can hardly afford to go out and buy another bottle of Pantene to clear up the mess.

I expect Caro and co to be all over this....

pr. dim-melb; m not f

The Real Value of Buddy

He had a great game, and I was glad to get the view of those who saw LRT's assistance.
    And in addition to his speed, power and general presence on the ground, add his accurate field kicking, perhaps a legacy of his time at Hawthorn. I hope some of that rubs off on his new team mates.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I wonder how many different ways we can spell Derrickx, Derycks, Derricks, etc...... I think I will just call him The Big D.

- - - Updated - - -

Salute Al. King of the @@@@ stirrers, aided and abetted by his underlings.....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I wonder how many different ways we can spell Derrickx, Derycks, Derricks, etc...... I think I will just call him The Big D.

- - - Updated - - -
    I think Matt D has already claimed that one.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    joke = missed

Senior Player

- - - Updated - - -

Hahahaha. I'm sure there's many ways to spell derix that we haven't yet discovered

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    joke = missed
    Yes indeed. Slouches in corner

- - - Updated - - -

Whenever I see anything written about the Big D, it always makes me think of the boxer Dedrick Tatum from the Simpsons!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player

- - - Updated - - -

Big D ?! He's not a brand of peanuts , y'know , Primmy !

It's gotta be something stereotypically Aussie (even though the name is Dutch): Number 19 , I dub thee DEZZA !