Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Premiership Predictions - Mulligan

Randwick deserve favouritism in Div 3, they were hard to beat last year and had Blacktown's measure in the home and away season, and went close in the big dance. We face them at Bensons the day after Anzac Day which should be interesting, given our RAAF and Army pers vs their Navy cattle. Will be some sore heads I reckon.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Premier div - Saints. A 5 goal loss doesn't look so bad after penno's loss. Few injuries, will be right.

Div 1 - Saints. Not sure on Balmain. Power have lost heaps so their round 1 demolishing isn't as impressive. Beat Penrith but they didn't make finals last year. If we keep our team together we will go real close. Should have beat UTS on the weekend.

U19 div 1 - Saints. Imagine if they had all the blokes u19 at the club playing for them. Probably 4 or 5 in premier and a fair few in ressies. Would demolish it if they got a full team and kept them.

I guess that will be our biggest challenge, keeping everyone fit. Guys in premier div get hurt and it starts affecting ressies and 19s.
    Still don't rate balmain savouir ? How'd u go on the weekend ?

Warming the Bench
    In St George's defence - on paper there round 1 and two teams were much stronger than round three but was a comprehensive win by Balmain just the same.
    Carn the Southern Power.....

We had 9 u19s playing. Top 2 forwards out, top 3 backs out and a fair few playing firsts. We even had me as starting ruck...

For a young small side the wet obv didnt suit us against balmain. Even at half time, got pumped in the 3rd and held our own in the 4th.

At least we can all agree that jarjoura is a @@@@ing grub. If that bloke did both his knees id laugh. How jayden got best on is beyond me.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    At least we can all agree that jarjoura is a @@@@ing grub. If that bloke did both his knees id laugh. How jayden got best on is beyond me.
    It's hard to disagree with the general sentiment judging by the way he carried on against us the week before. I've read plenty of negative comments over the years, now I understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by DLH View Post
    It's hard to disagree with the general sentiment judging by the way he carried on against us the week before. I've read plenty of negative comments over the years, now I understand why.
    It was disappointing to hear they had recruited him for Balmain's sake as I'd hoped from what I had read and heard here that it was a rebuild on better foundations.

Norris,
    Just wondering if you have heard what will happen between PD and Div 1 at the end of the year.
    Will the wooden-spooner be relegated and the Div 1 premiers be promoted ?
    If it happened to be Penno that won Div 1 (and that is quite possible at this stage), does that mean that Penno would have two PD teams ?

- - - Updated - - -

Norris or anyone else who knows stuff,
    Just wondering if you have heard what will happen between PD and Div 1 at the end of the year.
    If it happened to be Penno that won Div 1 (and that is quite possible at this stage), does that mean that Penno would have two PD teams ?

No chance there would be 2 teams from 1 club in pd.

Has there been a precedent while we have had divisionalisation, where a club could have had two teams in the one grade because of promotion/relegation ?

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Has there been a precedent while we have had divisionalisation, where a club could have had two teams in the one grade because of promotion/relegation ?
    UNSW won Div 3 in 2009 but couldn't go up I'm pretty sure.

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Norris or anyone else who knows stuff,
    Haven't heard anything official, I doubt any decision's been made. I heard they were thinking of working out promotion/relegation from PD to Div 1 on a 2-year basis, but I don't think they've worked out the finer details.
    UTS won Div 1 twice & went up, then Manly won it twice & went up. If Southern Power won it this year they'd have a case, but it's not looking likely at this stage.

But there's no chance of a club ever fielding two teams in Premier Division. Won't happen.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Haven't heard anything official, I doubt any decision's been made. I heard they were thinking of working out promotion/relegation from PD to Div 1 on a 2-year basis, but I don't think they've worked out the finer details.
    UTS won Div 1 twice & went up, then Manly won it twice & went up. If Southern Power won it this year they'd have a case, but it's not looking likely at this stage.

But there's no chance of a club ever fielding two teams in Premier Division. Won't happen.
    Clubs wont be allowed to field two teams in any division. Thats part of the reason the divisions were put in place in the first place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast