Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Premiership Predictions - Mulligan

Warming the Bench

Premiership Predictions - Mulligan

I know it's only 2 weeks into the season but I reckon it would be interesting to see out there who would change their tips for the comp. There has been some surprising results across all the divisions and we are only 2 weeks in. The popular picks from the thread a few weeks ago Penno in Prems - Beaten by 90, Power in Div 1 Winless after 2 rounds including an 85 point loss, Blacktown in Div 2 - Beaten by 7 goals round 1, Jets in Div 3 - Lost a heartbreaker yesterday...And that's only in the top 4 divisions of the league.

I know premierships are not won in April but if I had a mulligan....

Premier Division - Penno (Originally tipped Penno) - Sounds crazy after a 90 point belting, but I think they will get it right at the business end.
    Division 1 - Balmain (Power) - Looks like the Tigers have got their stuff together and keen to prove people wrong. Power 0-2???
    Division 2 - Camden (Wests) - Went to Picken and dismantled Wests & not many teams will go to Harrington & get the points
    Division 3 - Randwick (Nor West) - Randwick look very good early, I think the Jets will be there late in the season...Blanket finish
    Division 4 - UTS (UNSW) Rain outs have affected this early but a 40 point win to UTS over UNSW is a good indicator
    Division 5 - Nor West (UTS) 2 solid wins 1st 2 weeks & if their 1st grade goes well and injury free, the Jets could be looking at a double.
    U19 Div 1 - St. George (St. George) Form looks good, soundly beat Manly, then Manly beat the defending champ Demons. Definitely the team to beat
    U19 Div 2 - Parra (Power) Not much to go on although the Power lost heavily on the weekend. I'll take last years Runners Up

Premier div - Saints. A 5 goal loss doesn't look so bad after penno's loss. Few injuries, will be right.

Div 1 - Saints. Not sure on Balmain. Power have lost heaps so their round 1 demolishing isn't as impressive. Beat Penrith but they didn't make finals last year. If we keep our team together we will go real close. Should have beat UTS on the weekend.

U19 div 1 - Saints. Imagine if they had all the blokes u19 at the club playing for them. Probably 4 or 5 in premier and a fair few in ressies. Would demolish it if they got a full team and kept them.

I guess that will be our biggest challenge, keeping everyone fit. Guys in premier div get hurt and it starts affecting ressies and 19s.

Warming the Bench
    Of Sutho's 22 premiership players 13 have either retired, moved clubs or representing the country in other sports, that includes 3 medal winners - could be a long year for the Power boys but looks like the girls started well and the 19's are back down from the higher division so I wouldn't be writing them off just yet....

Power in unity.
    Carn the Southern Power.....

Well wasn't Sunday a cluster fudge. We show up to Henson Park on Sunday morning to find the RL posts still up. Delays the game by around 30 mins. We had a rubbish start to the game, but the umpires reducing the last 2 quarters to just 12 minutes each was farcical to say the least. However, if we didn't start like turtles, the result would've perhaps been vastly different. Very disappointing. We'll bounce back though.

Our magoos are going well, and starting to get some experienced campaigners back as well. Time will tell how we fare.

Quote Originally Posted by cartman48 View Post
    Of Sutho's 22 premiership players 13 have either retired, moved clubs or representing the country in other sports, that includes 3 medal winners - could be a long year for the Power boys but looks like the girls started well and the 19's are back down from the higher division so I wouldn't be writing them off just yet....

Power in unity.
    Interesting to see only 20 players fielded for Div 3 (according to Sydney AFL). What's going on there - three men's teams last year and now can't field two? I know there was an exodus to Moorebank but this is sad to see if true. I am surprised your name wasn't on the roster cartman!

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Offal View Post
    Interesting to see only 20 players fielded for Div 3 (according to Sydney AFL). What's going on there - three men's teams last year and now can't field two? I know there was an exodus to Moorebank but this is sad to see if true. I am surprised your name wasn't on the roster cartman!
    Can't walk let alone play Offal, some of the guys cleared to Moorebank don't actually know they have been cleared (Well that was there responses when asked) some of the others are Div 5 footballers and are going where they will get more game time so good luck to them and hopefully they will come back if/when Sutho has three grades again in the future. I received calls for half the games last year too which is a big reason why there are not three teams this year....

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by cartman48 View Post
    Can't walk let alone play Offal, some of the guys cleared to Moorebank don't actually know they have been cleared (Well that was there responses when asked) some of the others are Div 5 footballers and are going where they will get more game time so good luck to them and hopefully they will come back if/when Sutho has three grades again in the future. I received calls for half the games last year too which is a big reason why there are not three teams this year....
    Cartman - have a look at your inbox please

It's going to be a big year in "Greater Western Sydney" if Manly Giants can go back to back ... and they get 3 new memberships from north of the harbor !

Manly were the best side last year, and they are better this year ...

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    It's going to be a big year in "Greater Western Sydney" if Manly Giants can go back to back ... and they get 3 new memberships from north of the harbor !

I was at Weldon on Saturday - one fella in GWS colours and one infant. They are penetrating the market already !

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Tried to inbox you back but you have exceeded your storage limit. Thanks for the clarification, for the record I'm not on the committee anymore or in the loop so the balance of the information is yet to filter through....

- - - Updated - - -

Tried to inbox you back but you have exceeded your storage limit. Thanks for the clarification, for the record I'm not on the committee anymore or in the loop so the balance of the information is yet to filter through....

- - - Updated - - -

Senior Player
    emptied - if you try again itll work

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    Correct. Manly would have to be favourites. Added some good class and depth to their list. The bulk of their side has played together for a number of years, which you don't find too often in Sydney...well, definitely not a luxury at Trumper.

Div 1: UTS. Tough comp this year and looks like Balmain will give us a good run. Smashed SP & then smashed another quality side in Penrith.
    Div 2: Manly (much for the same reasons mentioned above).
    Div 3: Randwick. Will win Div 3 with little difficulty.
    Div 4: UTS. Comfortably accounted for Syd Uni last week with a lot of ins to come from the higher grades.
    Div 5: Nor West. Comfortably beat Syd Uni who smashed us.
    In every game there is going to be a cross-road, and when you get to that cross-road you either step up, or you step down!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast