Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 versus Fremantle

Suspended by the MRP
    Out - Shaw, ROK, Mitchell, Tom D
    In - Towers, Toby N, Bird, B. Jack

Roles:

- LRT to play as a defensive forward on Michael Johnson. Don't give him any offensive space and drag him out of the play.
    - Rohan to tag Nat Fyfe. Rohan is physically well suited to Fyfe,and needs to follow good players around. It's time we stop focussing on his leg, and tell him he is a supreme athlete, with a big roll to play.
    - BJ in Subs Vest to provide impact.
    - Toby N can't do any worse than Tom D and will value the experience. Make sure he is always opposed to Zack Clarke and not Sandilands.
    - We are playing all speedy players on our list, so there tackling pressure needs to be huge.

I haven't seen any ressies games this year so I can't comment on who's going well. I know fans on this board are passionate but just plucking names out of the air and advocating change for the sake of it. Having said that, what we need in considering changes is looking at whether or not anyone is playing so well that they're demanding selection, or whether anyone in the first team is playing so poorly that they have to go. The other thing we should consider is structure. It seems to me that we are not using Franklin in a role that suits him best. Without KT, Reid or Goodes, I'd have thought that a key forward was a must. Membrey kicking 8, albeit against weak opposition, yesterday is encouraging. I'm not sure how Bird went yesterday but he is a reliable player and does a job, so he'd have to be considered.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Regular in the Side
    Out Bo D, O'Keefe (I hate saying that, but) and maybe LRT.
    In Membrey if KT or SR not available (we need someone on the forward line, to at least be there and to help out Buddy who cant do it by himself) .Nankervis to replace Bo D, and Birdy to replace Ryan.Both Cunningham (who appears to be weak over the ball (at least TM gets down and dirty) and Rohan are close to be dropped but I would make wholesale changes. Longmire and coaching panel need to reassess THEMSELVES, kicking the ball long against both Pies and North, I could play on the backline with the way we are bombing it in. Leaving players alone in the backline stinks as a tactic.

Wholesale changes are not the answer. I'm sure the club knows if the kids are ready to play AFL footy or not.

Shaw and O'Keefe are the two that I would look at. Shaw doesn't look to have lost any pace but he's playing poorly. Is he trying to do too much? I would've preferred if he had gone to Harvey (he has done the job before) and then that would've freed up McGlynn.

It's hard to believe how quickly it has happened but O'Keefe looks finished. Dropping marks, slower than ever and just can't find the footy.

In:
    Tippett (if right), Bird

Out:
    Derickx, O'Keefe.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Senior Player
    Definitley ROK and Shaw are in the gun for mine.

In's is a harder question, better answered by reserves watchers. My guess if in form Biggs and towers. Towers to play forward or higher up ground if needed. Bird if fit has to come in, sadly his game style was built for yesty. membrey isn't a key forward and will need the chop out he just won't get being second fiddle. Plus people have said his tank aint the best, could get found out on subbie (so we bide our time till goodes/tippet come in also.).

Sill bringing in two youngsters hasn't been our deal, so i truly expect only one starting 21 player out: Shaw/Okeefe. Bird to come in if fit.

Rohan to get sent to reserves for a full run, and a reserves kid for a run in the green vest.

I'd bring in the reserves and let them have a crack at it... even give a few of the academy kids a run.
    Couldn't be worse.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Out. Derickx, Shaw, Jetta (if wet), O'Keeffe.
    In. Tippett, Biggs, Bird, Towers (about due).

Hanners, Mitchell and many others are also down in form but I can't see horse making any more changes than this (won't even make this many no doubt!). Unfortunately though statements need to be made! We can't keep producing this kind of crap and keep the same players in the side week in week out! Jetta was weak as piss yesterday and is a flat track bully, doesn't compete in hard wet conditions. I love O'Keeffe but he is horribly out of form and those conditions suited him yesterday. Shaw I've been saying needs to go for two weeks now. Disposal and decision making is not even close to AFL standard and we need to bring in some youth with Biggs already showing he is more than capable in that role! Some of these other young blokes like Lloyd and Robinson etc need to be looked at soon if our form continues to slide as they are doing everything that's asked of them at the lower level. Hopefully Derickx has played his last game in red and white as he's provided absolutely nothing (although conditions didn't suit and should have been a late out!) and with Tippet due back we are covered there between him and LRT for a backup ruck. Let's hope things can finally click from here and also hopefully get a fit Reid and Goodes in the next couple of weeks and get back to where we should be and that is playing finals!

Suspended by the MRP
    I would not bring back Tippett as 2nd ruck to be thrown in against Sandilands and Clarke (best ruck combination in the league. Let him have two weeks of full training and then let him loose against weaker sides such as Melbourne and Brisbane. He will find touch, fitness and form against these teams. This should have him looking for the Hawks and Geelong.

Is there a reason no one is mentioning B. Jack???
    I thought we really needed more speed

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Is there a reason no one is mentioning B. Jack???
    I thought we really needed more speed
    Not mentioned in bests, no goals.

Out: LRT, Shaw, ROK, Derickx
    In: BJ, Bird, Towers, Biggs

Sub:Hannerberry

Warming the Bench
    agree with rok and derrick going,nankervis and bird replacements.but here is the bombshell DROP FUMBLY BUMBLY GRUNDY lrt to chb and towers or Lloyd in
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast