Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 versus Fremantle

You cant be serious DA when you say you hope it is wet for the freo game! I dont think we could beat an u/11s team in the wet, let alone freo!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Apparently Longmire thinks Ryan is doing just fine. He said:

" What I'm really pleased about with Ryan is his commitment to the task at hand.

"It's been outstanding and he's prepared to play any role we need him to."

He must be watching a different game than the rest of the world.
    It was a clerical error, he was watching last seasons tape
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Forecast:

Mostly sunny. Winds west to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h tending west to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning.

Thank God for that!

After watching what Freo did to Essendon last week on a hot sunny day and after what they did to us the prelim last year - i don't think we can beat them at the moment in the dry - rain is a great leveler and we need all the help we can get

Rohan should go out before Mitchell if you ask me. Both are struggling but rohan barely gets his hands on the pill at all.
    I agree with the above, though really I'd prefer to drop Shaw or O'Keefe before either of them..

The only leveller for us against Freo would be a ten goal start . Rain or sunshine we are going to cop a flogging if we play like last week.

Changes for me :
    Out : Okeefe, MItchell (looks injured), Derikxx ; shaw
    In : Biggs ; Tippett ; Bird ; towers

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    i just looked at the reserves highlights and wow Big Sammy Naismith caused at least 4 goals through great ruck work. I mean great ruck work, his hit outs were sensational. Straight to a player to the player's advantage where he could run onto the ball. Just wonderful footy. Our ruck coach is just heaven and is delivering a pupil that will honour the master very soon. The taps reminded me of Ball ion the 2005 finals.
    I am a big fan of Sammy. In the game against UWS it was noticeable how much better the team went when he was rucking, and he more than held his own against aspiring senior GWS rucks.

He would I am sure be the first rookie elevated if it wasn't for Tippett's imminent return.Biggs may however get the nod before him because of the backline and midfield form woes.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    After watching what Freo did to Essendon last week on a hot sunny day and after what they did to us the prelim last year - i don't think we can beat them at the moment in the dry - rain is a great leveler and we need all the help we can get
    But what conditions did we play our best football in this season? That's right, a hot clear day at the Adelaide oval! We are just damn awful in the wet, and whilst it might help us manage their big guys, its not going to level it up if we get so much worse as well. We have, for years, been just dreadful int he wet, and I see no sign that that will suddenly reverse.

Sadly I agree with Mr Magoo - give us a 10 goal start, and in current form we might be a shout against Freo. it will take a substantial improvement, across the park to just keep it respectable against Freo. But one thing we do know is that there is a good swans side lurking somewhere in there - it can't have completely disappeared.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I reckon the only change will be Tippett for Derickx

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I reckon the only change will be Tippett for Derickx
    I agree Aardy with maybe Birdie as well.
    I am hoping that the boys will rise to the challenge of Freo and that this game will knock the lethargy out of them!
    Well, a girl can dream can't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Gezball View Post
    I agree with the above, though really I'd prefer to drop Shaw or O'Keefe before either of them..
    I agree Gezball, but really I think Rohan must go too. What did he get last week - 3 touches? We could have Usain Bolt in our squad, but if he isn't getting the pill, then he isn't going to help us win games. I think Rohan has fantastic potential, but frankly, since returning from injury he has shown so little of it, as he appears to be so incredibly short of confidence. He needs a substantial period in the reserves to find confidence again. We all hope he will become the player he looked like becoming before Thomas did what he did, but to me, its really not looking like that will happen without a spell in the Ressies.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I'd keep O'Keefe but play him as a forward, like the ol' 05 days.
    Thoughts?

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast