Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Towers - Another 1st round bust?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Simon Feist
    Groan...I'd all but forgotten the forgetable Feist.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Feist was a pretty good novelist.

I believe it was Feast.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    We are judging the November 2012 draftees (Towers, Marsh, Dick and Membery) toughly because they are still to make a senior team debut.
    Funny how it works out..

All four 2012 draft picks are yet to play seniors.

All 4 rookies have played seniors....Lloyd, X Richards, Rampe, B Jack....Also rookie upgrade Cunningham
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    We are judging the November 2012 draftees (Towers, Marsh, Dick and Membery) toughly because they are still to make a senior team debut.

Do people who watch the reserve games regularly think that the November 2013 draftees (Jones, Hewitt, Toby N and Alire) will get a senior debut in 2014. If so, which one is most likely?

We have 9 guys on our senior list who are yet to debut at the senior level.

It must be hard for those 9 guys as the next cabs of the rank are Mitchell, Rohan and Brandon Jack.

ROK wants to get back in the senior team, with Tippett and San Reid to come back into the senior mix in the next two weeks.

If there are no senior injuries, then there are going to be at least two senior guys coming out to make way for Reid and Tippett.

Tom Walsh is close to a reserve return and he will be fighting tooth and nail in the reserves to earn another contact.

I don't see how any of those 9 guys will earn a senior debut any time soon!
    Jones Nankervis and Aliir have already been named as emergencies this year. Towers this year and last and Membrey last year emergencies. Marsh and Dick have improved from last year though

Suspended by the MRP
    Who do people think will still be on the senior list in 2015 out of Towers, Dick, Marsh, Mebrey or Jordan Lockyer in 2015?

Biggs will need to be upgrade or delisted as he is a 3rd year Rookie. X Richards, Naismith, Robinson and Lloyd will complete there second year as Rookies and there is only one spot for a 3rd year Rookie. Who will that 3rd year spot likely go to?

There are some decisions to be made at the end of 2014. If Goodes body is good and he plays well during the rest of 2014, then he may play on. I think ROK is done and Ryce Shaw is not far behind!

I figure we got a pick worth one in the 20s with Membrey and one in the 40s with Towers, so it sort of evens out. I feel Membrey is the closest of the 2012 senior listed draftees to making it at senior level. Marsh and Dick have made good progress this year, so hard to write them off. Towers has got the athleticism you want from a modern day player, and does use it sometimes to good effect, but just not often enough.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not sure that is entirely accurate. Didn't James Meiklejohn once play a senior game...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Mike Pyke?
    Glad to be on a less controversial forum. What about Adam Goodes? He was a Brownlow winning ruckman in 2003. After early 2004 was never played in the ruck again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Stephen Doyle?

- - - Updated - - -

Ricky Mott?

I'll take my hat and leave now......
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Simon Feist
    Thanks all, feel much better about it only being 10 years.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 5th May 2014 at 01:32 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123