Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Sydney v Essendon

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Hear, hear. Making provocative and snarky remarks to departing supporters of other clubs when you've got the game won is churlish at best. Why people can't enjoy a win without getting stuck into opposition supporters is beyond me. There are always childish supporters but retaliating against them drags you down to their level. The idea that behaving like this makes footy more fun is mystifying to me.
    I hope you don't follow me on twitter. I love the banter. Heard some classic one liners on Friday. All part of the fun. Been giving and taking for years. Shake hands after the game and have a beer.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BobLog View Post
    I hope you don't follow me on twitter. I love the banter. Heard some classic one liners on Friday. All part of the fun. Been giving and taking for years. Shake hands after the game and have a beer.
    I'm not talking about the good-humoured stuff.

Pushing for Selection
    Don't normally enjoy this blokes work but this is worth a read: Congratulations Essendon for using the power of sport to change things for the better
    Using Tapatalk

On the Rookie List
    Growing up in the 80's, most of my friends supported either Essendon or Hawthorn. The Hawthorn fans were tolerable, the Essendon ones not so much. This led to - at that point - the best moment in my life, namely the 1996 Preliminary Final where I was lucky enough to watch it with around a dozen Essendon supporting mates. It was Essendon fans and me, and the look of despair etched on each and every one of their faces as Plugger lined up after the siren was a joy to behold, and boy, didn't I enjoy it!

Pushing for Selection
    If you attended a game at Windy Hill in the 80's you'll understand how it feels to beat the bombers.
    Using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    We beat them at Windy Hill in the 70's and it was scary leaving the ground. Was busting for a Geoff Leek and had to visit the dunny (nothing to do with the copious amount of brown lemonade consumed in joyous celebration) on the way out. Got abused somewhat. Not the right time to be defenceless. They were feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    We beat them at Windy Hill in the 70's and it was scary leaving the ground. Was busting for a Geoff Leek and had to visit the dunny (nothing to do with the copious amount of brown lemonade consumed in joyous celebration) on the way out. Got abused somewhat. Not the right time to be defenceless. They were feral.
    nothing has changed - they are still feral !

Most ignorant supporters along with Richmond. Listening to the Friday night, absolutely no idea what the rules are. Call for free kicks that were never there always shocked when free kicks are against.

Richmond supporters just turn up to the footyntomappeal for frees

Ok this is a pretty good initiative

#EFCRespect - essendonfc.com.au
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Ok this is a pretty good initiative

#EFCRespect - essendonfc.com.au
    There was a similar AFL wide initiative that ran for the second half of last season, whereby short videos of players requesting respect were playing before games and at breaks. Kieran Jack was the featured Swans player. I don't recall seeing them run this year, but can't see any reason why they can't start them again.

Yep very classy work. I think last years videos featured after the Goodes incident as well?
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617