After coming off a big loss the previous week to Essendon at Windy Hill, Sydney were 3 wins, 1 loss, looking to bounce back against a Richmond team sitting on 1 win and 3 losses, but 2 of those losses were after Richmond led by over 5 goals in the last qtr, only 2 be overrun both times.

It was a warm April day, Anzac day to be precise, and at Qtr time, the tigers led by a goal, 5.5.35 to 4.5.29, and they continued on in the 2nd qtr to take a commanding lead into half time, 11.8.74 to 7.9.51.

Could Sydney come back? What could coach Tom Hafey do to get his players back into the contest? it seemed nothing, for at 3qtr time, it was the tigers leading 18.11.119 to 13.15.93, the swans kicking the last couple of goals to keep in the contest to be 26 points down at lemon time.

Sydney must have sensed that Richmond were tiring in the heat, for in the last qtr, they were all over the tigers, kicking 8.5 to 1.1, to win easing up 21.20 146 to 19.12.126, once again, the tigers coughing up a good last qtr lead to end up losing the game.

Goalscorers were:

Capper 7
Mitchell 4
Bayes 3
Morwood 2
Williams, Healy, Wright, Bolton, Potter 1 each

Best players: Capper, Browning, Williams, Mitchell, Ironmonger, Henwood

I have been trying to get footage of this game for ages, i know the abc replay that night did this game.

I have tried name a game/sports delivered, ch 2, the afl, the 2 clubs, youtube, and torrents, all with no success.

Can anyone assist here, maybe they have an old tape somewhere???